Three things you are really looking forward to.

Catseyes

1. My first Cruise/first week long vacation in 5 years

2. Same as others - Balcony, Cold Beverages, and Ocean Breezes

3. My Cell Phone not Ringing and according to some of these boards a valid reason for not being able to answer emails.

Hola Traci,

Let me know which ship you are on so I can order a video.. They have cameras all over the ship.:D

Excellent ~!!!!! ;) Cameras will add to the fun ~! I will be on the CB starting 9/24..but I don't think it's me you need to worry about. My brother is getting married in Ocho Rios - I think they'll be part of the 21 knots club before I will ~! :)

Hi,

Here's our (main) 3 - not in any particular order

1 - Visiting and seeing new parts of the world.

2 - Being waited on hand and foot while we do it (cabins tidied, beds made, good food served, drinks brought to you (especially Citrus Martinis).

3 - Making new friends.

As a seasoned cruiser, I have some specifics(other than the usual, sunshine, relaxation, etc):

Onboard:

1. Watching the shore as we sail away on the first day. Seeing the land getting further and further away.

2. Going out on the top deck in the evening while at sea and seeing the billions of stars. You can't imagine how different the sky looks when there aren't any city lights around.

3. Dancing to the calypso band at the pool on a sea day!

Other:

1. The color of the Caribbean water. Being raised on Lake Michigan, that gorgeous blue water keeps me coming back.

2. Snorkeling, Snorkeling, Snorkeling!

3. Finding a little local "hole in the wall" tavern or restaurant and enjoying the afternoon visiting with the local while trying some of their local refreshments!

Mrsfuzzmo

our first cruise is in november on the triumph - celebrating our 5 year anniversary. so, here's my "can't wait until our cruise" list...

1) the first night sitting out on our balcony watching the world go by, having a nice cold drink, planning our next cruise... ;)

2) our first formal cruise dinner - my DH looks so handsome all dolled up!

3) relaxing on paradise beach in cozumel for the entire day ... :D

i think i could go on and on.....

Hurry up and get here November 12th !!!!

1) Seeing a different country with the man I love

2) Celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary

3) seeing the beautiful Alaskan country/ taking our first cruise together

We leave on the Carnival Spirit For Northbound Alaska May17, 2006:D

I have never been out of this country...looking forward to seeing Vancouver, BC:p

WOW.:eek:..25 years being married (April 4, 2006) sure have flown by!

Fun Question, I am not a newbie to cruising (11 cruises and counting) but here are my favorite three:

laying by the pool with a good book and a Pina Colada on days at sea....

Exploring the Islands the way the Native's do

Not having a phone or Television for a week/two

There is also the one thing I hate:

Returning home and having to work off the 10 lbs I gained eating all the wonderful food :)

Enjoy your cruise

I'm not new, but just had to jump in since I didn't see one of my favorite things mentioned!! One of my alltime favorite parts of cruising is standing on our balcony (or one of the open decks) and watching as we sail into port. Each port is unique and if you have never been there before, it is such an incredible feeling to see it slowly come into view - lovely!! :D

• 1 month later...

I hope you have a great time. My 3 adult children and myself along with my sister, went to WDW last Thanksgiving for 5 days and had a wonderful time. My daughter and I are going on a Christmas Cruise this year and I enjoy every day with excitement until then, reading, looking for things for both of us and just the anticipation of a great time.

Thanks everyone, glad this thread has sprung back to life. We had our cruise Sept 3rd, Navigator, Western Caribbean. It was everything I picked as my fav 3 things I was looking forward too and more.

Blue - Have a wonderful 20th Birthday - Oh to be that age again......

Everyone, have wonderful, wonderful cruises.:)

Tessa

3 things to look forward to? Boy is that a hard one. I think it depends on the cruise:

1-probably total relaxation

2-meeting new people

3-total food experience.

When cruising to new places I would rate itinerary at the top, but we have seen most all of the Caribbean, Mexico, Alaska and New England. Being waited on is important but certainly not the main reason for cruising. Just the overall experience is what I look forward to. NMNita

1) Celebrating my 25th birthday, and my 8th anniversary with my boyfriend.

2) Getting a much needed, and hard earned vacation, that will hopefully help me get my mind off all the horrible family drama I've been through this year.

3) Getting to sample different foods that I've always been interested in trying, but not having to worry about paying a restaurant bill for it if it turns out I don't like it.

1. Being on my first real "vacation" for the first time in 27 years with the man I love (I'm not counting vacations that take a 1-5 hour drive with my 2 kids in the car fighting 50% of the time for a 4 day weekend :o ).

2. Sitting on my balcony in the evening with the man I love enjoying the stars and the sound of the water with a drink in hand. :D

3. Being able to visit different countries for the first time in 27 years with the man I love. :)

1. Being on my first real "vacation" for the first time in 27 years with the man I love (I'm not counting vacations that take a 1-5 hour drive with my 2 kids in the car fighting 50% of the time for a 4 day weekend :o ).

When I was growing up, we didn't have enough money to afford vacations (except a camping trip or two every summer). But, when I was 13 (and my brother's 7 & 9), my parents scrimped and saved to take us to Disneyland. I had been once with my Girl Scout troop, but my brothers had never been. This vacation was a HUGE deal to us. My parents braced themselves for a week of arguing and name calling and bouncing off the walls. They even bought these "portable parent" things that played a pre-recorded message when you pushed a button. There was one for moms and one for dads. They said things like "It's broken! Are you happy now?" "Stop it!" "The answer is no." "I said no!" "You're going to poke somebody's eye out with that thing!" (what's sad, is that my parents loved those things so much, that I have the messages memorized for life now).

But amazingly, for one whole week, my brothers and I got along better than anyone ever would have imagained. We didn't ONCE fight, or name call, or hit or push, or anything of the nature. We were very nice and considerate. We shared with each other. We got along. We all had fun together. We listened to our parents, and obeyed their orders. And my parents left CONVINCED that Disneyland really is the most magical place on earth. =)

As a side note, we were standing in line for a ride at Disneyland during this trip, and these two other young kids were fighting over a toy. The parents weren't really paying attention, but the kids were right in front of us. So, my dad took out his portable parent, and pushed the buttons so it said "Stop it!" and "You're going to poke somebody's eye out with that thing!" It freaked the kids out, and they stopped fighting. And the kids' parents started laughing and asked my dad where he got that from.

Anyway, enjoy your quality time with your sweetie. I'm sure it is much deserved!

1 Spending two weeks alone with my new husband...no work distractions...no annoyances!

2. Being a wife to the man of my dreams (honeymoon)

3 Seeing my husband in his dress blues again.....ahhhhhhhhhh ...<faint>

1 Spending two weeks alone with my new husband...no work distractions...no annoyances!

2. Being a wife to the man of my dreams (honeymoon)

3 Seeing my husband in his dress blues again.....ahhhhhhhhhh ...<faint>

Congrats on the wedding. Tell hubby Semper Fi for me.

Dave (USMC '80-86)

• 3 weeks later...

My parents, my brother and SIL and we are all cruised before, but not together.

So...

It is a family vacation. My parents will be married 54 yrs, my bro and wife 30 and we are celebrating 33 years. No kids, no worries, just enjoying our parents and each other as adults.

Life is short, and this may be our only opportunity to do this as my parents health is declining.

Archived