Questions for my upcoming Epic Cruise in December?

TheMidwestMariner

Hey everyone,

I will be doing a review of my Epic cruise on 14DEC, and wanted to know if any of you have specific questions you would like to see covered.

I know the ship has been covered extensively on these boards, but there are always new questions. I'll do my best to cover them all!

I will be posting the day by day reviews on CC, and then linking for future reference on my blog site.

Happy cruising!

I'm not on the cruise until March, but I'd love to see dailies and have confirmations of which piers we will be docking at for Ochos Rios and Cozumel.

And if you have any great excursion tips, I'll take those now! I'm trying to get through all the information out there on the ports and am not making as much progress as I'd like.

Will get the dailies and post them, thats no problem, and noted on the berths thanks!

As for excursions, so far i have the following planned (fair warning, i always book through the cruise line):

1. Ocho Rios - Dunns River Falls and shark encounter - i have climbed the falls before, but i was much younger and i think i would appreciate it more this time, and come on, a shark encounter? too cool!

2. Grand Cayman - Taste of Cayman (Brewery, rum cake factory, rum distillery) - I have previously done a dolphin swim / sting ray combination tour, it was amazing, both incredible creatures and fairly cost effective.

3. Cozumel - You can usually find me at senor frogs, or walking around the downtown area, i dont like to do a tour at every port.

I would go through all of the shore excursions on NCL's site and see if anything there jumps out at you.

The PORT boards on here usually have a lot of good info about independent tours as well. Hopefully this was helpful!

Edited by TheMidwestMariner

I will be on in February so will be beside myself with excitement by then! Anything you take the time to write will be good by me! My 5 year old grandson will be along on this trip so I guess any tips on kids club or activities not to be missed might be helpful? If you get anything special, not to be missed dessert I would love to hear about it! I have been disappointed in NCL dessert choices in the past.

Thanks!

No kids for me....yet

But i can try to snag one of the dailies for his age group and post them (here and on my blog) if that's helpful.

When I first started cruising, there was no kids room, they would essentially meet at a low-traffic stairwell and play games, it was a blast, so I have no doubts that he'll have a great time no matter what, especially with what they have onboard now

As for dessert, #1 all time is the oreo cheescake in Cagney's, but i'll be sure to sample others

Edited by TheMidwestMariner

I'm trying to avoid ship excursions. Earlier this year we had good luck going it on our own in the Eastern Caribbean ports. A few things I would only do with the ship, but I don't think there's anything like that on this trip for us.

And anything that you post will be welcome. This will be our second time on the ship, but a friend is traveling with us and this is her first time on NCL.

No kids for me....yet

But i can try to snag one of the dailies for his age group and post them (here and on my blog) if that's helpful.

When I first started cruising, there was no kids room, they would essentially meet at a low-traffic stairwell and play games, it was a blast, so I have no doubts that he'll have a great time no matter what, especially with what they have onboard now

As for dessert, #1 all time is the oreo cheescake in Cagney's, but i'll be sure to sample others

My favorite dessert too. I was on the Getway in September and they had a chocolate molten cake which was very good. Hope it is on the Epic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your offer to answer questions. We will be on the Epic in January. When you are getting on and off the tender in Grand Cayman will you assess the ease and possibility of a child in a wheel chair using the tender? He weighs about 70 pounds and his wheelchair is not very heavy, so my husband and other son can lift him if necessary. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your offer to answer questions. We will be on the Epic in January. When you are getting on and off the tender in Grand Cayman will you assess the ease and possibility of a child in a wheel chair using the tender? He weighs about 70 pounds and his wheelchair is not very heavy, so my husband and other son can lift him if necessary. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Absolutely. In my past experience, the crew have been great in these situations with people who are heavier than 70lbs getting onto a tender, but I will find out for sure!

My favorite dessert too. I was on the Getway in September and they had a chocolate molten cake which was very good. Hope it is on the Epic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which restaurant had the molten cake?! That's one of the best things about cruising on Carnival ha ha, you can have molten cake in the MDR every night

No kids for me....yet

Thanks for the dessert info, I made a note not to miss it. The ship has so much to offer for the kids I am kind of jealous. I didn't get to take my first cruise til I was 40! I am making up for it now!