The Worlds Largest Super Bowl Party at Sea cruise

mysaddlebred000

Princess staff basically just turned their heads the other way. I questioned the maitre d about shorts, not dress shorts, but cargo shorts, in the dining room on formal night and was told that the group hadn't been told about the dress code, so they weren't enforcing it. At that point he turn on his heel and walked away from our table before we could say anymore about it.

With all of the talk about roudy parties during Superbowl you would think it was a Carnival cruise. :eek: Princess is nothing like any of the comments I've been reading. Sure, there's a big crowd centered around the MUTS screen as well as a large screen set up in the lounges but other than some loud cheering going on during the game that's about it. We're not the type to get involved in wild & crazy parties but seeing the game on the ship with food provided beats a Superbowl party at home any day. :D

Thank you Lovetocruiseprincess , that makes me feel a little better. I would enjoy a good party atmosphere "during" the game , it creates a special atmosphere. But some of the other comments about the rest of the days have me wondering if we should go along with our booking, final payment not made...:rolleyes: Sadly no other 14days in that period with Princess...

I am not worried about the polka thing, could just become the theme mucic for this cruise :-)

Edited by Sailingpeace

With all of the talk about roudy parties during Superbowl you would think it was a Carnival cruise. :eek: Princess is nothing like any of the comments I've been reading. Sure, there's a big crowd centered around the MUTS screen as well as a large screen set up in the lounges but other than some loud cheering going on during the game that's about it. We're not the type to get involved in wild & crazy parties but seeing the game on the ship with food provided beats a Superbowl party at home any day. :D

But it sounds like you might be talking about two different things. What you are describing sounds like the atmosphere on any one of the 16 ships underway on Superbowl Sunday that did not have a specific, dedicated charter of 1,000 fans on board. What the previous poster was describing was the atmosphere on the one ship that did have that group aboard. I don't think anyone doubts that watching the Superbowl on board a ship can and will be a lot of fun with few, if any distractions from boisterous passengers. But if you find yourself on the one ship that is being booked out by the group of 1,000 fans who are being sold on a "Superbowl Party To End All Superbowl Parties", it is likely that the "typical" Princess environment will be missing. Were you on a cruise chartered out to the group described by AKman2495?

http://www.polka-cruise.com/Polka_Cruise_Poland_Tour_1.html

found this link on the roll call for the cruise. Still don't know if I want to book or not. I almost think the music might drive me nuts more than the drunk football fans. AT least they will be still in bed until early afternoon.

There was a thread ages ago about large groups taking over a ship and they were debating if the cruise lines should inform other passengers that of them.

But it sounds like you might be talking about two different things. What you are describing sounds like the atmosphere on any one of the 16 ships underway on Superbowl Sunday that did not have a specific, dedicated charter of 1,000 fans on board. What the previous poster was describing was the atmosphere on the one ship that did have that group aboard. I don't think anyone doubts that watching the Superbowl on board a ship can and will be a lot of fun with few, if any distractions from boisterous passengers. But if you find yourself on the one ship that is being booked out by the group of 1,000 fans who are being sold on a "Superbowl Party To End All Superbowl Parties", it is likely that the "typical" Princess environment will be missing. Were you on a cruise chartered out to the group described by AKman2495?

No but it should prove to be an interesting experience if nothing else. I know where all the Superbowl fans will be during the game. ;)

I'll be sure to let you know how it goes. :D

I was watching the Giants beat the Patriots for the 2012 Super Bowl on a Panama cruise. Nothing special offered by Princess on that night.

I would have preferred watching it at home on my HDTV as the picture on MUTS screen was terrible. They take a SD (Standard Definition) signal which has an Aspect ratio of 1.33:1 and strectch it to fill the 1.78:1 screen.

They take an image like the following:

LostSD.jpg

And stretch it to look like:

LostSDHD.jpg

Get with the times Princess! Start receiving HD signals instead of SD!