Haven Suite Prices - Are these prices crazy?

southt00

I agree. Haven suite prices on some of the ships are crazy!

We love the two bedroom suite, so we often sail with NCL; however, we recently sailed in two suites on another line for the same price as one Haven 2 bedroom that we have booked on the Breakaway for next summer. Although I like being in one suite, two suites allowed for much more room and the balconies were HUGE, which is extremely important to us, since we spend a lot of time on the balcony.

I know it's all about supply and demand, but I hope NCL suite prices come down a bit.

Edited by cruis247g

We were able to book an aft Haven suite on the Getaway that was cheaper than the suite we had last April. We also took advantage of the all-inclusive offer they ran in August/September. That offer reduced the cabin by 10% which made it even better.

Now if I could only make the countdown clock move faster!

I've jumped over to RCCL for our Alaska cruise next June, even though I would rather be on NCL. Our Grand suite on Jewel of the Seas is more than I usually pay, but I want to reward my DH for hanging in there and getting his Master's.

I'd rather have the Haven, but NCL suites on the Alaska cruises have always been nuts.

• 1 month later...

We've also moved over to RCCL Grand Suite on the Oasis. I'll keep an eye on NCL but won't budge unless the prices are similar to what we are shelling out for a Grand Suite. It's too bad. Our last couple of cruises were in Haven suites. We were NCL coverts and intended to stay with NCL because of the suite experience. We felt the prices were appropriate for the value we received. We don't mind shelling out extra for a great experience but we also don't like being taken advantage of as consumers. Moving our money elsewhere until NCL brings their prices back to reflect their value.

We've traveled luxury lines in the past loved the inclusive, casualness of them but they are not the best for families with active kids. We need to stay with mass market lines for now. Keeping my fingers crossed that NCL rejigs their prices before final payment is due with RCCL.[emoji26]

Edited by southt00

Glad to see other people feel the same way. We went on the Gem in the Haven last Sep and it was wonderful. The price was actually a little less than a Princess suite. We are going again next March on the Jewel and have a two bedroom haven suite. Again the price was just a little more than a suite on Princess or RCL. They went crazy when they had their 10% so called sale. We were planning a 10 Panama Canal. The haven was already about $2,000 more than the best Princess suit and they jumped it up another $2,000 for a total $4,000. I checked other cruises and it was the same. We booked the Coral Princess, I would love the Haven again, but am not going to be taken advantage of. Our Haven suite on the Jewel has gone up almost $3,000 since we booked it. I even checked the Alaska cruises for a possible cruise in 2016, but the Haven is $2,000 to $3,000 more than Princess. Maybe I'll check out RCL, we were in Royal Suite for a 4 day cruise couple years ago, it was nice even though it was an older ship

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our suites are up several thousand as well.

Wondering...everyone is mentioning the premium lines. I imagine you are talking about Regent etc. Are any of these kid friendly?

We use a suite for the extra space, but also for the butler. Having that extra helping hand is a value to us.

My cruise is paid off. When I posted on this thread before there were still forward penthouses available at the new double price. The double price did not prevent the category from selling out. Its crazy but there are people that can afford this and have no problem paying an owners suite price for a penthouse :eek:

On another note, there was an article in the Herald a few months ago how the Caribbean cruise glut is over and prices on every line and every category are expected to go up. They also said don't expect as many last minute deals. Cruising is gaining popularity and that means reduced inventory and higher prices :eek: