Need recommendations for Miami pre cruise

bitofun

Next cruise late April. My sister and I will meet up for our 3rd sisters cruise! She is flying out of Denver into Miami and I am flying out of Wichita into Miami. Need recommendation for one night stay. Things to consider are ease of transfer and best way to transfer from Miami airport to hotel. Also good location to CVS or similar store to purchase last minute items, and ease of transfer and best way to transfer to Port of Miami.

Thanks in advance for replies!!!

Next cruise late April. My sister and I will meet up for our 3rd sisters cruise! She is flying out of Denver into Miami and I am flying out of Wichita into Miami. Need recommendation for one night stay. Things to consider are ease of transfer and best way to transfer from Miami airport to hotel. Also good location to CVS or similar store to purchase last minute items, and ease of transfer and best way to transfer to Port of Miami.

Last time we stayed in Miami pre cruise, we stayed at the Hilton Miami which is in close proximity to multiple stores and of course the airport. The hotel has a shuttle to and from the airport since you don't have transportation of your own, and of course the Carnival transfers at the airport to the port. Enjoy your cruise!!

The Intercontinental on Chopin is a really nice hotel which you can sometimes get a good deal on at last minute travel dot com. It is close walking distance to the Bayside Marketplace which has shopping and restaurants. The hotel is also right on Biscayne Bay. The hotel is in the downtown area which has drug stores, shops, and liquor stores within walking distance. It is also close to the cruise port. Since the downtown area/cruise port is in close proximity to the airport, a taxi is your best bet for transfers. It is also easy to get a taxi in front of the hotel for the short ride to the port. If the Intercontinental doesn't suit you budget-wise, there is also a Holiday Inn right across the street from the Bayside Marketplace.

In July, we stayed at the Inter-Continental. Never again.

The hotel is just TOO massive. With that being said, it was 4th of July weekend and it was a ZOO.

We stayed Friday, for one night, before our Breeze cruise on Saturday.

Saturday morning, it took us 45 minutes to get an elevator.:eek::eek:

We were on the 12th floor, which was 24 flights of stairs to the lobby.

The guys got so sick of waiting, they started taking luggage down the stairs.:eek: Finally, we got smart, and took one of the elevators going up, just to get down.

Next time, we'll stay at the Holiday Inn, across from Bayside.:D:D

Also, keep in mind, there are very few hotels in Miami, if any, that have shuttles to the port.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I think most require a taxi.

But it's literally a five minute ride, and inexpensive.

Good Luck, and have a great cruise!!!!!:D:D

We stayed at the Holiday Inn POM. Short taxi to the port and there were no crowds or lines. Across the street are lots of shops and places to eat. Short taxi ride to South Beach if you have time to explore.

Holiday Inn Downtown/POM is across the street from Bayside Park with plenty of places to eat and shops. There is also entertainment in the park. About 4 blocks behind the hotel is the downtown area with stores like Macy's etc. There is a CVS on the corner and Walgreens a block or two down from that and McDonalds around the corner to the back of the hotel. In the Park there is a Hooters, Bubba Gump and a host of other restaurants and shops. The taxi ride to the port is about $10 and you can see the ships from the hotel. You are walking distance to the tram that will take you around downtown. Great area to stay a day or two before or after your cruise.

Another vote for Hilton Miami downtown. Publix grocery (with pharmacy and liquor store)right across the street, $12 taxi to port and South Beach, and the public monorail practically around the corner will take you to downtown and Bayside Marketplace.

The hotel offers views of the port and stunning views of the city for a very reasonable price. It was one of the best hotels we've stayed in to date.

I would stay downtown.

You can take a taxi from airport. Not far and price is around $25.00 per taxi. From downtown area hotels I will list the cost for the taxi to the port will be around $10.00 to $15.00.

Intercontinental Hotel

Hampton Inn

Marriott Marquis

Marriott

Hyatt

Holiday Inn Bayside

There are many more but this is a good list. Again choose the downtown locations.

Keith

Thanks everyone! Great list to choose from. Nice to find out ahead of time about the lack of shuttle availability from airport to downtown hotels, also hotels to port. We'll plan on taxi. Down to 188 days now. Can't wait!

Thanks everyone! Great list to choose from. Nice to find out ahead of time about the lack of shuttle availability from airport to downtown hotels, also hotels to port. We'll plan on taxi. Down to 188 days now. Can't wait!

We do Super Shuttle from the Airport to the hotel so we don't have to worry about the luggage not fitting in a cab. Then if I have to I can hold a piece or two in the cab on the way to the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We do Super Shuttle from the Airport to the hotel so we don't have to worry about the luggage not fitting in a cab. Then if I have to I can hold a piece or two in the cab on the way to the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I hadn't heard of Super Shuttle before, so I Googled it :)

Would be another transportation option.

Thanks, I hadn't heard of Super Shuttle before, so I Googled it :)

Would be another transportation option.

Even if someone in your party packs like my wife :o I would still take a cab - van and SUV taxis are the same price and offer more room for passengers and baggage.

Stay downtown/Brickell with your sisters. You'll have everything you need for a one nite stay.

I too, advise cabs to hotel and port. Shuttles will take time and convenience from you.

Thanks for the recommendation. We do plan to use a taxi since it's just 2 of us. Also leaning towards the holiday Inn POM.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the recommendation. We do plan to use a taxi since it's just 2 of us. Also leaning towards the holiday Inn POM.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I highly recommend this hotel. We loved it. It was very convenient to a cvs, which was down the street. Maybe a 5 minute walk there and another 5 minute back? Bayside marketplace was across the street and there were shops and some casual dinner places and it was overall very convenient. Also it was only about a 5-6 minute taxi ride to the port from the hotel and the doorman at the hotel was very eager to help us flag one down. Everyone at this hotel was very kind!