Disembarkment Day Breakfast

Greyt Mom

Is there breakfast available in an MDR on the final day of the cruise?

It would be great for my parents who will be one of the later groups to get off of the Royal Princess on 10/25 - their flight is at 4:15 that afternoon.

Thanks...Sarah

It's a very relaxing way to end a cruise. On my last cruise I traveled with some friends. They all had booked early flights, leaving 11:30 a.m. I didn't want the stress of having to rush to catch the flight so I booked a much later flight, had a nice breakfast and took pictures around the ship before my later group was called to disembark. I was nice a calm while everyone else was stressed.

The International Cafe is also open should you get hungry in the hour or so between the end of breakfast in the MDR and disembarkation. That last doughnut has no calories, right?

Jackie

Can you request a table for 2 in the MDR on disembarkation day? We were seated at a large table of 10 on the Emerald this year and it seemed hectic and rushed.

Yes, you may request it when you arrive at the dining room. We had three and they seated us at a table for four by ourselves. We made that request after they asked us if they could seat us at a large table. They do try to seat small groups with others especially on the last day. You generally get what you ask for on Princess. Speak up.

Yes, you may request it when you arrive at the dining room. We had three and they seated us at a table for four by ourselves. We made that request after they asked us if they could seat us at a large table. They do try to seat small groups with others especially on the last day. You generally get what you ask for on Princess. Speak up.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure I did ask this year, but I'll know to be more insistent next time! :)

We have made it policy for breakfast every day to fill in the room service card so as to reduce our intake a bit. So if we are leaving early, as on debark day this is not available, then the day before we double up on the quantities and store some in the fridge.

We always enjoy the MDR on disembarkation day. The atmosphere is relaxed. The crew is gracious. The food is great as always. We like to share and often we share with people we've met. It is a great way to end the cruise...

After one cruise, we were in the airport waiting for our flight and we grabbed some fast food for "lunch"..My wife bit into her fried whatever it was and was not smiling. I said, "well, we're not the ship anymore"...

Enjoy a good mean on the last morning. You will remember it for a while.

The International Cafe is also open should you get hungry in the hour or so between the end of breakfast in the MDR and disembarkation. That last doughnut has no calories, right?

I once stopped by the IC for "one last doughnut" and the server insisted that I should have 2. Of course, I had to eat both. No calories, right?! :D

304721_4273823121280_1098780533_n.jpg?oh=d29ba45ca99328fcb8f4b03d356df719&oe=54B8F4CE&__gda__=1421700777_ae91a5ec154ae3470f044e5ec55a15a4

On our last few cruises we have learned to really enjoy the MDR breakfasts, particularly on the last day. The dining room avoids all the pushing and scrambling for a table at the buffet and the food is always god, with good selections. Pastries are particularly superior. Since we are about 4 hours away by car, we park in the Cruise lot, have a leisurely breakfast and are normally on the turnpike heading home by 9:30 or so.

I once stopped by the IC for "one last doughnut" and the server insisted that I should have 2. Of course, I had to eat both. No calories, right?! :D

304721_4273823121280_1098780533_n.jpg?oh=d29ba45ca99328fcb8f4b03d356df719&oe=54B8F4CE&__gda__=1421700777_ae91a5ec154ae3470f044e5ec55a15a4

Last November we were fogged out of Houston for several hours. It was approaching 11 am and I was getting a little hungry. Suddenly I remembered the IC!!! I ran down there and grabbed two donuts. Within 10 minutes the line for the IC went around the atrium! Getting there first was good timing!

Last November we were fogged out of Houston for several hours. It was approaching 11 am and I was getting a little hungry. Suddenly I remembered the IC!!! I ran down there and grabbed two donuts. Within 10 minutes the line for the IC went around the atrium! Getting there first was good timing!

Wrong quote but I appreciate AKman2495 referencing sherryf...

Since she was offering two "no calorie" donuts you didn't want to be rude by turning down her kind offer! :cool:

I made the mistake of mentioning this to my dad...he was afraid there would only be toast and coffee the last morning...now he's excited about the last meal on the Royal before he's even set sail!! :p

Thanks to everyone. I appreciate the info!

Edited by Greyt Mom