Hertz rental car drop off

sheweeble

I have enjoyed reading through these forums, but have not found the answer to my question.

We will be in Fort Lauderdale for a week before we begin our cruise so we have rented a car. Is there a port drop off or do you have to go back to the airport and take a cab.

Thanks for now.

I don't know if they have a port drop off or not. When we go to FLL we just rent at the airport and pick up and drop off there. Then take a taxi to/from the port. The taxi ride is not all that expensive.

Edited by dfields1814

I have enjoyed reading through these forums, but have not found the answer to my question.

We will be in Fort Lauderdale for a week before we begin our cruise so we have rented a car. Is there a port drop off or do you have to go back to the airport and take a cab.

Thanks for now.

Have you made the reservation yet? Hertz will allow you to pick up at the airport and return the car to the port drop off which is at 455 Southeast 24th Street Ft. Lauderdale. From there they will have a shuttle to take you to the ship. If you have time, I would suggest you drop off your luggage at the pier first and then go and return you car. This way you are not lugging your bags around. Just get on the shuttle and go to the pier. Also your bags will probably get to your cabin sooner.

This also works the other way around. Shuttle pick up from the pier to the rental location and then return the car to the airport. But make sure you have chosen the Port Everglades location as your pick up point. I have seen people choose the airport location and expect the shuttle to take them to the airport. They will not do it. Hope this helps. Have a great cruise.

Hertz does have a Port Everglades location, just outside of the port. Is on SE 24th Street about a block west of the port entrance security checkpoint, on the west side of Hwy-A1A.

They also have Hertz shuttles running through the different cruise piers dropping off or picking-up passengers that return to this location.

Suggest you go online or call Hertz to get your definitive answers, but I think you'll be pleased to find they're located right there.