Oops... Did not prepay gratuities

WiCruiseDreamer

Normally when we book a cruise, or gratuities are paid at that time. Last year while on the Conquest, we booked this year's cruise. Even though I have looked at my reservation several times, I never thought about them. I know, silly me.

Question is, can I call and pay them now, 9 days before the cruise? Or is it better to just wait until I board.

Fail to see what difference it makes ?

For me, at least, it is just a matter of preference. Having either a zero balance or a credit, is how I like to start my vacation. While taking care of it on board is not an issue, I would rather have it paid before my cruise. Also, since this is a gift to my dad, I would prefer it done before hand. My father will insist on paying part, if not all of the charges while on board, so, for me, the less he sees, the less I have to argue with him about.

Edited by WiCruiseDreamer

I agree,(about what a wonderful thing you are doing for your Dad) and yes I would call and prepay.

To the person that asks what difference it makes-well the OP stated why they were doing it that way, and I can do cash in person, but not on the phone.

Have a great cruise!

For me, at least, it is just a matter of preference. Having either a zero balance or a credit, is how I like to start my vacation. While taking care of it on board is not an issue, I would rather have it paid before my cruise. Also, since this is a gift to my dad, I would prefer it done before hand. My father will insist on paying part, if not all of the charges while on board, so, for me, the less he sees, the less I have to argue with him about.

AWW. What a thoughtful gesture on your part. For your DAD. :)