3rd person in cabin

suey

When did it change so that the 3rd person in a cabin has to pay more than the other two? I have always found it cheaper for 3rd and 4th passengers. Just booked a cruise to NZ on Princess and the fare for 3rd person is over $250 more than other two fares.

But in saying that we got a great price, one of my daughters price was showing $200 cheaper than the rest of us when she logged into Princess website. So we took a screenshot and took it to TA and she could not get that price. So after a long phone call to Princess she was told that her price was a special offer just for her but they finally relented and gave us all the same price ( of course except for the 3rd person in one cabin). But even without the cheaper price the 3rd person is still more normally.:confused:

Edited by suey

Not sure about Princess, but there have been some BOGOHO deals around lately with the second passenger much cheaper (I hesitate to say half off as it is not truly). In that case the third person was more expensive. There was also a cut price deal I saw somewhere for the first 2 passengers. When a third was added, bingo, the price went up.

RCI have had a sale with the 3/4 person cheaper as is (was?) usually the case.

It does happen... but it's not going to be permanent that the 3/4 rate is dearer.

It's just right now there are a fair few end of year bargains. When they release those, they usually only focus on the 1/2 rate. Often the 3/4 rate won't be touched and you'll have the result that the first two are cheaper. Annoying when they do that, but not much that can be done by you. It's okay if you have 4 as you can split them up but when it's three, it's often still not cheaper to split. And you have the added issue that they usually do guarantees only for twin share as well. So 3/4 miss out.

We are a family of three so for the cruises we have booked, the 3rd person is cheaper. That being said, when I have looked at some of the great deals on the other thread and done a 3 person booking, we do not get that good pp price that is on offer (as the Big M has stated) as they are often for a twin bookings only. Bit frustrating for us three person families :o