Quantum

I posted this on facebook and on twitter and was wondering what the cruise critic members thought

I decided not to go on the inaugural sailing of the Quantum out of principle and national pride. Royal Caribbean is taking this new ship out of the USA and sending it to China permanently.

Big deal,the sister ship is being based here.I honestly dont know what your gripe is.Does the United States deserve to have it based here for some reason?Anthem will be based here in New Jersey starting in nov 2015 going to carribean.So I have no idea why you would cancel your sailing? What principal and pride are you talking about?Royal can base their ships as they see fit changing all the time.Big deal....

Edited by rtazz17

I posted this on facebook and on twitter and was wondering what the cruise critic members thought

I decided not to go on the inaugural sailing of the Quantum out of principle and national pride. Royal Caribbean is taking this new ship out of the USA and sending it to China permanently.

Okay? Every new ship is not required to sail from the US.

National pride. Lol.

No idea what your thought process is, quite frankly seems ridiculous....:confused:

No ship is ever placed anywhere permanently.

Quantum will have a period sailing out of US, so not entirely sure where you are coming from with this. It's first cruise is out of the UK to US, China won't see the ship for months. Also, nothing is 'permanent' when it comes to Royal Caribbean!

Perhaps you could elaborate why you feel so strongly about it?

I honestly just wanted to hear what other people had to say I am also upset that the Hilton sold their landmark hotel - the Waldorf Astoria to a chinese investment company Guess we can sell the Statue of Liberty also. It is just sad to me for many reasons but I do respect other people's opinions and the real meaning of freedom is we have a right to express them

The way I see it, unless you are avoiding products manufactured in China these type of boycotts make no sense. Since you were able to post on this thread, I assume you haven't since a large percentage of computer parts are manufactured there (Americans may do final assembly from time to time, but they use parts manufactured overseas).

Let's not forgot the increasing number of Chinese cruise employees that you are see due to the growth of the cruise industry in China. Lots more over the last few years.

Royal will take the company wherever the dollars are. China has an awful lot of people, and a growing middle/upper class, so this is am excellent move for those that own Royal stock. This is no different than other trends lately like the balcony smoking ban, which was nothing more than a business decision.

Btw, if you do boycott as many China-made products as you can I applaud the effort.

I honestly just wanted to hear what other people had to say I am also upset that the Hilton sold their landmark hotel - the Waldorf Astoria to a chinese investment company Guess we can sell the Statue of Liberty also. It is just sad to me for many reasons but I do respect other people's opinions and the real meaning of freedom is we have a right to express them

Wow, this really bothers you?