Prepaid gratuities

MaiTaiMary

Yes, I've searched. :D But I'm reading different answers and am just getting more confused. :confused:

~Are the prepaid gratuities automatically on our account?

~How much are they? We will have two cabins. One with two people and one with three people. 7 night cruise.

Thanks. :)

I book through a TA. He always asks at time of booking if I want them added. He will add them then or later. The later happened the time I booked on board but kept him as travel agent of record. When I got home and contacted him he added the grats and got travel insurance, not through Carnival, for me.

We haven't paid anything yet. I guess I misunderstood what this was called. I'm referring to the tips that are automatically added to your account.

We booked online earlier this year, but didn't add anything or take anything off. I'm assuming we will just be charged since we haven't altered it?

Which is fine... just trying to figure out how this works so there aren't any surprise charges on the card. :)

So for a family of five, seven night cruise, we should expect a $420 charge to our account for tips?

You can prepay your gratuities even if you book with a third party. If you don't add them at the time of the booking, you can call your TA just like you would call Carnival and pay them anytime after your paid in full prior to the cruise.

Yes MaiTai, the tips for your party comes to $420. If you don't pay them ahead of time, they usually are deducted from your s&s account by day two or three.

"Prepaid" gratuities are the gratuities that you pay in advance before getting on the ship. You do that by adding them when booking or calling carnival or your travel agent before you leave and paying by credit/debit card.

Automatic gratuities are added to your sign and sail card if you do not prepay before sailing. They will put them on their automatically and you do not have to do anything. Whatever method you use to pay your sign and sale bill (cash, credit card, etc), will pay these , as they will get added to that bill.

Edited by cruzinlisa

We haven't paid anything yet. I guess I misunderstood what this was called. I'm referring to the tips that are automatically added to your account.

We booked online earlier this year, but didn't add anything or take anything off. I'm assuming we will just be charged since we haven't altered it?

Which is fine... just trying to figure out how this works so there aren't any surprise charges on the card. :)

So for a family of five, seven night cruise, we should expect a $420 charge to our account for tips?

*****$420 for 5..that's correct!