Allure of the Seas 2-in-1 Photo Review ~ October 12 & November 9, 2014

Cupcrazy

Thanks so much for sharing, I have really enjoyed the review.

So many great photos!!

I look forward to more thanks nate

Great review - Thanks for sharing

Thank you all. Stay tuned for more. I am going to finish this review tomorrow, then I go back on Allure Sunday. I'll be continuing my review when I come home from that trip.

With Rick & Anna celebrating their 30th anniversary, Matt got all the couples up to dance while he sang "Wonderful Tonight"

Gary found a dance partner. Katie's husband had gone to sleep early

14987025324_934c2aaf29_c.jpg

Anna found a partner for a different activity

15421771107_c9991e3176_c.jpg

14975238943_f7547c0024_c.jpg

15409389037_bc3c388de5_c.jpg

Everybody loves GMAN. This kid ran up to Gary, hugged him and yelled "I love GMAN!!!"

15607768685_6b35b020e8_c.jpg

I'm sure everyone reading this can imagine the fun this group had together. Cupcrazy review has been awesome as always, and makes us feel like we're re-living it again. I just wanted to throw this out here. ImageUploadedByForums1415238056.507725.jpg.7982c6f16db9c15f07aa239936280749.jpg

We have a another reunion tour scheduled on Indy 10/04/15 if anyone is up for the audition to travel with this crazy group, now is your chance. Hope to see you there.

Let The Party Begin

If you read my review last year on Oasis, you'll remember I talked about finding a hidden gnome in Central Park.

Well, now there is a gnome in Central Park on Allure too. We call it the G-NOME. Get it..? G-MAN, G-NOME? Ok, not too funny, but you catch my drift.

I can't say where the gnome is because, where's the fun in that? Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to go find him.

Matt searching through bushes

15409381037_1010af7507_c.jpg

I see something shiny!!!

14975228313_31723f4484_c.jpg

There he is!

14975226033_1fc6477aac_c.jpg

THE LEGEND OF GMAN!!!

15582923381_3a7bcdec82_z.jpg

If you read my review last year on Oasis, you'll remember I talked about finding a hidden gnome in Central Park.

Well, now there is a gnome in Central Park on Allure too. We call it the G-NOME. Get it..? G-MAN, G-NOME? Ok, not too funny, but you catch my drift.

I can't say where the gnome is because, where's the fun in that? Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to go find him.

Matt searching through bushes

15409381037_1010af7507_c.jpg

I see something shiny!!!

14975228313_31723f4484_c.jpg

There he is!

14975226033_1fc6477aac_c.jpg

THE LEGEND OF GMAN!!!

15582923381_3a7bcdec82_z.jpg

For those who are going to search here is a HINT..he was found near the Trellis Bar near a bench!! Good luck and post pictures here on this review if you get lucky and find the G-NOME!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was now 2am and most people would think it's time to go to sleep. Not us! It was the last night on the ship and we wanted to make the most of it. So, where do you go when all the clubs and activities have shut down for the night? That's easy.... Cafe Promenade for our last round of ham & cheese croissants.

15571681546_62518735ef_c.jpg

15409365737_4c19cbfdda_c.jpg

15592711621_bf41ac216c_c.jpg

15592710081_c665a7f1f8_c.jpg

15571686156_a8b86c9ece_c.jpg

14974628584_a007281d5f_c.jpg

Originally Posted by styxfire

Café Promenade was confusing because some things are free, while some things are not. Relax but be wary.

I agree with you. My first trip it took me a while to go to Cafe Promenade as I wasn't sure what was free and what costs. The best way is just go and check it out. There's no harm in looking and like 'they' say, there are no dumb questions.

Thank You for a wonderful review. It was fun to read. We'll be on the Great Lady in January. Thanks for helping to build the excitement.

Thanks for reading along! You're going to have a great time on Allure and before you know it January will be here.

For those who are going to search here is a HINT..he was found near the Trellis Bar near a bench!! Good luck and post pictures here on this review if you get lucky and find the G-NOME!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did find the the gnome on Oasis last November and it took a bit of searching even with your hints. We have been on Oasis a few times since then and the gnome has been given a bit more respect and is not as hidden as before. The plants have been trimmed around him but you still have to look, as he is hidden.

We are on Allure for a B2B next March so I will have to look for G-NOME then. Your hint sounds like I have an idea where he is. Is G-NOME hidden as far in as Gary on Oasis?

Thanks again for this great review. It looks like you all had another wonderful cruise.

Andrew

I did find the the gnome on Oasis last November and it took a bit of searching even with your hints. We have been on Oasis a few times since then and the gnome has been given a bit more respect and is not as hidden as before. The plants have been trimmed around him but you still have to look, as he is hidden.

We are on Allure for a B2B next March so I will have to look for G-NOME then. Your hint sounds like I have an idea where he is. Is G-NOME hidden as far in as Gary on Oasis?

Thanks again for this great review. It looks like you all had another wonderful cruise.

Andrew

G-NOME was pretty well hidden, if you go looking at night bring a small flashlight!! LOL ;)

G-NOME was pretty well hidden, if you go looking at night bring a small flashlight!! LOL ;)

In March if I am having a hard time finding G-NOME I might start a thread looking for clues. Either that, or I will find the gardener and get some hints.:D

Thanks for posting a great review. Love all your pics and reading about your vacations had some good laughs reading this.:)

GMAN looks like the life of any party. Which ship did you like better Allure or Oasis?

Thanks for following along. The 2 ships are so similar that I am not sure I can really pick which one I like better. I am back on Allure this Sunday and will be continuing my review when I get home.

Andrew

In March if I am having a hard time finding G-NOME I might start a thread looking for clues. Either that, or I will find the gardener and get some hints.:D

Hey Andrew,

First let me say thank you for reading my review again. I remember that you found the gnome after my last review. This gnome is pretty much in the same place it was when we found the last one. I'm not sure any staff on board knows where G-NOME is hidden. When I'm back on Allure this week I am going to make sure G-NOME is still in the same place.

We woke up Sunday morning to the worst looking port we've seen since leaving Ft. Lauderdale. Ugh! We were back at Port everglades. Such a sad sight to see as the cruise was over.

We had a little issue with debarkation. Michelle & I were given luggage tag 49 (10:30 debark) while everyone else in our group was given tag 12 (8:30 debark time). Our friends gave us their extra tags and we used those on our luggage. When we got off the ship and into the terminal our luggage could not be found. After looking through all the pieces of luggage in section 12 we went to the lost luggage area. Mine was sitting there without the 12 tag and a piece of masking tape on it saying 'NN' (No Number). Michelle's was not there though. We were told to check in our original section 49 but that section was not open yet. When it finally opened about 15 minutes later Michelle went over and behold, there was her suitcase without the 12 tag and a piece of masking tape with '49' written on it. I am not totally sure why this happened but I know we didn't tell guest services that we were changing.

TIP: If you're changing luggage tag numbers make sure to go to guest services and tell them so they can update their list.

15409360677_4ca2dd6fc5_c.jpg

15592697591_5134cf539f_c.jpg

Goodbye Allure

15595348665_dc72ccc7aa_c.jpg

Flying into Toronto

15406449720_ae042317fe_c.jpg