Too dressy for non-formal dinner

Gals, I've just stumbled across an outfit that I am drooling over. I'm going on the Caribbean Princess in November. Tell me what ya'll think of this. Is it too dressy for non-formal, not dressy enough for formal

http://www.spiegel.com/shop/style.asp?style_id=68176627&index=13&nav_cat_id=65&gp_cat_id=284&category_id=1189

I have a nice pair of white linen wide leg pants and strappy sky scraper sandals.

Thanks!

I agree with seagulls, you can do a lot with the top, depending on what you pair it with. The linen pants would be fine for the informal (dressier than casual) night--how about a long silk or satin skirt or the flyaway pants for formal, with some really nice costume jewelry.

Are you going with the pink or the black? Black will lend itself to more choices of the jewelry you can wear with it. But pink is a nice color that you won't see everyone else wearing! icon_biggrin.gif

Char

click <a href="mailto:gaultchar@aol.com">here</a href> to send me an e-mail

I look at that top every time I go there too. In fact, I've had it and the pink crepe pants that match in my shopping cart for over a month. But, I just keep thinking it's not formal enough for formal night. What do you girls think? Would it work for formal night (the top and the matching pants)? Perhaps the 2nd one? I've always worn gowns or cocktail dreses on formal night but I really love this outfit.

Ladies-

I think sequins=formal to a degree. That's why I love it in pink so much! A nice tan, some sexy high heeled sandals and jewelry and you are one hot mama in my opinion. I say go for it, but if you're on the Caribbean Princess november 27th, call my room before ya'll wear it because I'll have mine on!

Happy shopping

Too cute! I would wear it informal with slacks as suggested or with a casual skirt and sandals. Especially in the pink. I think it is part of the trend for beads and sequins for casual wear.

BTW, it will look killer in the disco. icon_wink.gif Take care, Shannon

DESTINY 11/03

FASCINATION 11/02

IMAGINATION 10/01

INSPIRATION 3/96

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

Andi,

I think it's a very pretty top and think you could wear it on either a formal or nonformal night. Just depends on what bottom, shoes, handbag and jewelry you pair it with.

It's a great color pink too and at $50., what a bargain!

Buy it now and enjoy wearing it this summer. Why wait til November?

Jane

Love that tank! Pink looks great on everyone. Whatever you wear on the bottom, along with the accessories and shoes, will determine if it's formal or casual. You can do a million things with this top. Have a ball!

Karen icon_cool.gif

Carnival Miracle 10/24/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;10;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

And don't forget, pair the top in pink with some cute jeans and nice high sandals for the after cruise clubbing icon_wink.gif

1998 Imagination

1999 Voyager of Seas

2000 Ocean Princess

2001 Explorer of Seas

2002 Radiance of Seas

2003 Golden Princess & Navigator of Seas

2004 Tahitian Princess, Millenium & QM2

Archived