Past Guest Appreciation Event - new sale!!

cruizinisthebest

Can't sleep, so I go on the Carnival site just to check for middle of the night price drops, :p . No luck with that, but I do see under the deals section Carnival has a new pricing category for past guests. $10 OBC per day per stateroom. Two-category upgrade. Choose your room. Applies to sailings between October 2014-March 2015 where early saver has expired.

For those sailing or looking to book during that period, check it out. Good luck!

If you have ES, then yes, you are eligible as long as the total cost (including taxes/fees) including the reduction for the OBC is less than what you currently have paid.

So, if your current rate is $1000. As long as the new rate including the OBC is less than $1000, you are eligible.

If you have ES, then yes, you are eligible as long as the total cost (including taxes/fees) including the reduction for the OBC is less than what you currently have paid.

So, if your current rate is $1000. As long as the new rate including the OBC is less than $1000, you are eligible.

Thank you thank you:o

I submitted my early saver form and was denied. I've been in that situation before so I will resubmit and see what happens. If it gets denied again I will call. I've been approved for every price drop with several different sales so I can't see why I wouldn't be approved for this.

I can understand about being denied. Was denied for a drop a few weeks ago and it turned out that the rate - the sale OBC that I already had was lower than the current sale. But do call and ask, they will explain it to you, which they did for me.

Yeah, logged in this morning and saw this too. It will save us another $70 :) Will wait until 8:00ish to send in the form. They seem to get lost prior to that.

I'm new at this but have book at cruise in February on the Freedom how do I go about first to see if the price is indeed lower than I paid and if it is where do I get the form and where do I send it or who do I call. Thanks for advice in advance

Ruthann

I'm new at this but have book at cruise in February on the Freedom how do I go about first to see if the price is indeed lower than I paid and if it is where do I get the form and where do I send it or who do I call. Thanks for advice in advance

Ruthann

You can either do a mock booking. Go on Carnival's site just as if you are about to book your exact cruise and see what the price is with the sale rate. If it's less than what you paid (paying), submit a price protection form. Or you can use the fareviewer page carnival.com/fareviewer.

Remember the price you are comparing is before taxe and port charges. And there must still be rooms available in the exact category and number of passengers in the cabin as what you've booked. And make sure you indicate on the form where you saw the lower price (carnival.com, carnival fare viewer).

here's the form: http://www.carnival.com/request-forms/price-protection-claim.aspx

If you originally booked under the early saver rate, you can get eligible price drops up to two days before you sail. All others rates, you can get drops up to the final payment due date.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

You can either do a mock booking. Go on Carnival's site just as if you are about to book your exact cruise and see what the price is with the sale rate. If it's less than what you paid (paying), submit a price protection form. Or you can use the fareviewer page carnival.com/fareviewer.

Remember the price you are comparing is before taxe and port charges. And there must still be rooms available in the exact category and number of passengers in the cabin as what you've booked. And make sure you indicate on the form where you saw the lower price (carnival.com, carnival fare viewer).

The only change I would make to your comment above is you need to add in the taxes and fees. So, if the taxes/fees goes up, it does factor into the price that Carnival will compare with. Which is why I always use carnival.com to do the price compare and go through the mock booking as you explained.

Call me greedy, but my two upcoming cruises went up. :( I guess when the price for the Conquest was $239.00/taxes and the Splendor was $199.00/taxes, I can't complain. I am going solo on both, great price for a solo!:D

Hey Mike, I have had that happen to me on a repo cruise I have for March. I have ES for that but am VERY doubtful I will see a price drop. But am VERY happy with the rate I paid (900 for 14 days). Enjoy your cruises. Steve

Well, Carnival did respond back within 10 minutes... YEAH.

BUT, they denied it. So, on the phone I went. And after a 5 minute discussion, they gave me the price drop. Everything worked out well. Will keep looking for the next 7 weeks up to the cruise. Hoping for more, VERY satisfied with the ES for this cruise.

I know, really????

Standard response, the rate I already had was lower than the rate for the new sale. I hate the new form because I usually have to call in anyway. And told the Carnival rep the same thing.

Submitted mine about 20 minutes ago. Have not heard back yet and I HATE CALLING...lol Keeping my fingers crossed. Congrats on getting yours.

Hey Mike, I have had that happen to me on a repo cruise I have for March. I have ES for that but am VERY doubtful I will see a price drop. But am VERY happy with the rate I paid (900 for 14 days). Enjoy your cruises. Steve

We originally had the March 15th Pride sailing booked also, but switched to the March 2 sailing of the Triumph. So I should show up on your roll call somewhere.