Renting a Tux for Formal Night ?

SunflowerLaurie

Has anyone rented a Tux's for formal night ? Carnival site listed $75.00 for their rentals. Is this for one formal night or two formal nights ?

For anyone interested JC Penny's had a great deal. Tux's on sale for $99.00.

But, for me the question is ..Will it be used again ?

We just may skip this formal Foo Foo thing all together. I would rather sit on my balcony and gaze up at the stars while soaking in the sounds of the waves. Well..I am going to do that anyway.;) Everynight.............:D

Laurie

Just a nice suit will do.

I think you should at least try the formal night dining. I'm a very casual person and even I look forward to them. And as Wennfred mentioned, you don't need a tux, if you wear a coat and tie you'll blend in very well.

Enjoy your cruise!

John

Yeah... but not having to pack for it, having it just waiting for you in your stateroom for $75 is not bad either.

I always pack mine(never a single wrinkle), even if you just threw it in your suitcase, the charge to press it is only $7.

Sure the tux is a hundred bucks, but then there is the shirts, cumberbund and matching bowtie, button studs, etc.
I knew there had to be a catch. I just rent and save teh hastle of the extra stuff.. Besides for some reason these last few years my size changed...LOL

I've done it twice. It's for both nights. They give you two shirts. Two shoes too!

ROFLMAO ! ! . . . . . . . (very good, Pete). :D

All seriousness aside, do they give you a break if you B.Y.O.S. ? (bring your own shoes). One less garment to pack (then take to the cleaners, then pay to have cleaned, then pickup from the cleaners, etc.)

How would you rank the quality or "condition"?

Can you reserve the tux onboard, or do you have to do this all in advance ?

Thanks, Pete

ROFLMAO ! ! . . . . . . . (very good, Pete). :D

All seriousness aside, do they give you a break if you B.Y.O.S. ? (bring your own shoes). One less garment to pack (then take to the cleaners, then pay to have cleaned, then pickup from the cleaners, etc.)

How would you rank the quality or "condition"?

Can you reserve the tux onboard, or do you have to do this all in advance ?

Thanks, Pete

Actually the shoes are extra. They have lots in the formalties shop, so I guess if you are an "off the rack" type you could get them onboard but that is a guess.

You download a form from the Carnival site and go to a tux shop or tailors and have them take your measurements. You then send your order in with your measurements. Your custom fit tux should be hanging in your closet when you board.

I rented one for the first time this last (Miracle) cruise. I went to a local shop first to confirm all the measurements - and it fit perfectly. I brought my own shoes (which I KNEW were comfortable). I also purchased, and brought, my own cummerbund and matching tie (to add a little individuality!).

My wife was shocked, and pleased, as I have never worn a Tux before (in 43 years!). We were quite the presentable couple those evenings (and others too ;) )

Tom

Actually the shoes are extra. They have lots in the formalties shop, so I guess if you are an "off the rack" type you could get them onboard but that is a guess.

You download a form from the Carnival site and go to a tux shop or tailors and have them take your measurements. You then send your order in with your measurements. Your custom fit tux should be hanging in your closet when you board.

This was not the case on our cruise - we had a coupon in the cabin indicating that we needed to go to the Formalities Shop (specific hours) to pick up the Tux... hmmmmm:confused:

Tom

Gary.....

Don is right. Shoes are actually $10 more. It was worth the weight and space in my luggage to rent them.

Me too!!!! And a custom fit every Cruise!!! No hastle no worry's there it is!!!! Now my DS wants in on the dress up!!!! He loved his too!!! Custom fit for a 11 year old!!!! We were classy the 2 of us even with our crooked ties...LOL

Me too!!!! And a custom fit every Cruise!!! No hastle no worry's there it is!!!! Now my DS wants in on the dress up!!!! He loved his too!!! Custom fit for a 11 year old!!!! We were classy the 2 of us even with our crooked ties...LOL

Do you wear the shades whilst in the dining room as well?

We actually rented Tuxes for my husband & son through a local tux rental shop. Yes, we had to pack them in the garment bag, but for around $70 each, we got the tux, 2 shirts, shoes, cummerbund & tie, studs & insurance. This was a special cruise rate and with our pre-cruise stay, we had the tuxes for 12 days. They traveled well and we didn't have to have them cleaned before we returned them.

I thought it was a good deal and will probably look at it again for our next cruise. :)

paulandr1.jpg.da96ad2797e412af2fe44b94162b59ef.jpg

Has anyone rented a Tux's for formal night ? Carnival site listed $75.00 for their rentals. Is this for one formal night or two formal nights ?

For anyone interested JC Penny's had a great deal. Tux's on sale for $99.00.

But, for me the question is ..Will it be used again ?

No I wouldn't even consider it. I have this thing about wearing clothes that someone else has worn...kind of creeps me out LOL.

Men's Warehouse has some good sales sometimes too and I don't know that I'd buy from JCP either.

No I wouldn't even consider it. I have this thing about wearing clothes that someone else has worn...kind of creeps me out LOL.

Men's Warehouse has some good sales sometimes too and I don't know that I'd buy from JCP either.

I don't mind renting the tux but I draw the line at scivvies.

Archived