Back on board TWO HOURS before??

Luckyroot

Sorry, I tried two different searches and nothing came up. It's been a couple years since we sailed NCL - in reading some documentation, it states you must be back on board TWO HOURS prior to departure in ports.

Is this true? It was always 1 hour before.......when did it change? Has anyone gotten back to the ship an hour before and had a problem getting on?

I'm really disappointed in this, it cuts off an hour of time from visiting ports if it is true.

The 2 hours refers to embarkation day (i.e. the first day of the cruise). On port days, the ship will post the time that passengers should be back on board (usually 30 minutes before sailing time). And, invariably, there are passengers sprinting for the ship just minutes/seconds before the ship is supposed to leave.

So, if you are back on the ship an hour before the sailing time, you'll be just fine.

Sorry, I tried two different searches and nothing came up. It's been a couple years since we sailed NCL - in reading some documentation, it states you must be back on board TWO HOURS prior to departure in ports.

Is this true? It was always 1 hour before.......when did it change? Has anyone gotten back to the ship an hour before and had a problem getting on?

I'm really disappointed in this, it cuts off an hour of time from visiting ports if it is true.

Don't fret--two hours is only for your initial embarkation. On the ports of call, it is usually 1/2 hour before sail away. When you leave the ship at a port, there will be signs that tell you when you need to be back on ship. Be sure to look for that sign.

I just reviewed our Freestyle Dailies from our cruise on the Breakaway 2 weeks ago (10/5/14 - 10/12/14) and I can confirm that only on embarkation day is all aboard 2 hours before sailing. On the other port days, it is only 30 minutes before sailing. I posted the dailies in a thread recently if you would like to check them out.