Noise level on the oasis near aqua theater

I was wondering if anyone has ever said in the balconies (700's I think on decks higher than 8) on the boardwalk with a view of aqua theater.

My specific question is that I have two little ones and wondering about the noise. room 729 the last room closest to the theater is available. I think it would be cool for the view but will noise at night be a problem.

My two would probably go to sleep around 10. I do not mind noise during the day but its night time from like 10-8 ish that I would care about.

Any advice.

I was wondering if anyone has ever said in the balconies (700's I think on decks higher than 8) on the boardwalk with a view of aqua theater.

My specific question is that I have two little ones and wondering about the noise. room 729 the last room closest to the theater is available. I think it would be cool for the view but will noise at night be a problem.

My two would probably go to sleep around 10. I do not mind noise during the day but its night time from like 10-8 ish that I would care about.

Any advice.

I can let you know in about a month and a half. We have two kids staying in the last 12729 in 5 weeks. Other people have said you need to shut and lock the door. If you do that they said it seems to drain most of the noise out. If you don't lock the door it can be quite noisy.

I can let you know in about a month and a half. We have two kids staying in the last 12729 in 5 weeks. Other people have said you need to shut and lock the door. If you do that they said it seems to drain most of the noise out. If you don't lock the door it can be quite noisy.

That would be great hopefully one of us remembers. I am looking at 10729 so just 2 floors up.

I haven't been that far aft but have had several Boardwalk balconies. Most of the noise was generally blocked out when the balcony door is shut and sealed, but you do get a little bleedthrough of peak volume and occasionally some bass. It's not horrible, but may be noticable. Shows are generally through by 11 or so.

I agree that with the balcony door closed you may hear a little bass and some light sounds during the aqua shows at night. After 11;00, it's very quiet. But my kids enjoyed the view of the shows from the balcony and if they go to bed an hour later, don't stress about it...your on vacation and you can sleep in.

Last year I was on Oasis in 10323 (4th one from the end on deck 10). The noise was minor. Really wasn't a problem, even during the shows

This year we had 8725 on the Allure (3rd from the end on deck 8), and it was LOUD. Much louder then the previous year. Door locked or not, it didn't matter. It was loud to where my DW (who is usually not bad with the sound, and we've been underneath pool parties before) said never again for that cabin.

I don't think it's that Allure had it much louder. I think it's that the speakers for the theatre are situated under the diving platform. On deck 10, the platform blocks the direct line of sound from the speakers to the cabins, whereas on Deck 8 you get the direct effect.

So, I would say if you can, get deck 10 or up.

For Allure, the first two nights on the cruise, the first water show is at 9 PM and the second one is at 10:45 PM, each show is scheduled to run 45 minutes each so the last one will be done around 11:30 PM.

Then another night of the cruise, they will show late night movie at the aqua theater that runs from 10 PM to around midnight, so there will be sound/lights from it as well.

Do your little one take afternoon naps? Here is one review from a cruiser that found the area too noisy for afternoon naps, see post #3 and #24:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1992376&highlight=mega+cruiser

I haven't been that far aft but have had several Boardwalk balconies. Most of the noise was generally blocked out when the balcony door is shut and sealed, but you do get a little bleed through of peak volume and occasionally some bass. It's not horrible, but may be noticeable. Shows are generally through by 11 or so.

Same experience up on deck 17 SLS 1720.

Just been on Oasis in cabin 11327 here is a photo taken from the balcony

imagejpg1_zps7eaed966.jpg

The view of the Aqua Theatre was great but it was noisy at night withthe Aqua Shows not finishing until 11.30pm. We thought it was very noisy but the balcony door was faulty making the noise outside more noticeable.

We loved the room itself and the location.

I had boardwalk room in deck 11 (middle of the boardwalk rooms). The noise was not very loud but was loud enough for me to lose sleep because of it. That said my parents were next door to me and were not bothered at all. If you or children are sensitive to noise do not book a boardwalk room. The shows went on until midnight and the last night they had a dress rehearsal late.

That would be great hopefully one of us remembers. I am looking at 10729 so just 2 floors up.

I have this room booked for next June. Can't wait! I'll be interested to hear your feedback, but my kids are fairly deep sleepers and will be on such a cruise high I'll be lucky to get them to sleep early anyway :)

We're all really looking forward to being able to watch the shows from our balcony.