Food choices on Uniworld

mskaufman

The food on Uniworld is really good. Salmon is always an option (but I don't know if it's fresh vs. frozen). It seems like there's always a vegetarian option listed on the menu. Let your server know and they will take care of you.

I am also a pescatarian but on a recent Uniworld cruise I found some of the fish selections to be very small portions and some rather odd tasting fish I'd never heard of. The one night I opted for salmon I found it to be very muddy tasting - probably farmed. The vegetarian dishes were pretty good.

I never found the portions small (nor did my husband, who is normally a big eater). I think they're "right sized" assuming you've already eaten an appetizer and soup before you get to the entree, and I always save room for dessert :)

I never found the portions small (nor did my husband, who is normally a big eater). I think they're "right sized" assuming you've already eaten an appetizer and soup before you get to the entree, and I always save room for dessert :)

I totally agree. Plus this is the third meal (even fourth if you indulge in the afternoon tea) of the day. Breakfast and lunch are buffets with lots of food ( make yourself a sandwich for later) available. IOW you will not go hungry.

I was referring to the fish and seafood portions being small. The quality is generally mediocre to poor for the seafood selections but my husband enjoyed several very good meat courses and as large as those portions he still managed to clean his plate most nights!

Talk to the head of the kitchen on the first day. I am unable to eat spices of any kind. He told me to talk to the head chef each day at lunch. He told me what was going to be served at dinner and which I could eat - if none, he made special meals for me.

One day, in the breakfast buffet line, the chef told me therfe was white pepper in an egg dish so I wouldn't take any.

A quality operation. We are going on our 4th Uniworld cruise in 2015.

cb