Dream vs. Breeze

pawsue521

Well, people on here have me so freaked out about Dream---terrible air conditioning and terrible smells. What about Breeze?? We're getting ready to book for a March cruise and really prefer the port of NO as we can drive there. However, Dream is the boat we'd be on and, frankly, I am fearful of being disappointed. I know they are sister ships, but are there vast differences in the two items I mentioned between these boats?

This is so hard because I often find people complain, I then go on said boat and have nothing but positive to report!

Well, people on here have me so freaked out about Dream---terrible air conditioning and terrible smells. What about Breeze?? We're getting ready to book for a March cruise and really prefer the port of NO as we can drive there. However, Dream is the boat we'd be on and, frankly, I am fearful of being disappointed. I know they are sister ships, but are there vast differences in the two items I mentioned between these boats?

This is so hard because I often find people complain, I then go on said boat and have nothing but positive to report!

I am the opposite. I live in Miami and am contemplating flying to NO to sail on Dream. Lol

I hear Dream has much better shows. Breeze's shows are not impressive at all. Also I like Dream cabins' decor (from pictures I saw) with nice ceiling boards and rich colors. Breeze rooms are totally bland. I know Carnival wanted to move away from their signature Vegas style but those rooms are left with no decor.

What I like about Breeze is it's 8 day itinerary. Many good ones to choose from.

The cabin was on the warm side when I sailed. No smells that I noticed.

I totally agree with mdwcruises. But, I can confirm what they were suspecting, having sailed Dream 3 times (MY BEST 3 CRUISES OUT OF 14!!!) and the Breeze once. Dream has amazing shows in the theater, while Breeze's are quite pathetic. I would skip Breeze's shows on that ship, but with Dream, I would show up an hour early for good seats and go to both showings. I would drive (and have driven) much further to go back on Dream when there were other ships much closer to me. Dream also has a great band, Black Jack Band, that plays in the oceans plaza when they're not on vacation. They are the best cover band that Carnival has.

Dream doesn't have any smell issues that are any worse than any other ship at sea, not since the first couple months of operation. Dream doesn't have any AC issues that are any worse than any other ship at sea. Dream is just simply the ship that loves to get picked on by the bullies, like the kid in class who always got picked on but is actually a great kid. Perhaps the name "Dream" makes the ship a target. Everything gets blamed on that ship, but take it from me, Dream is by far the best Carnival ship in the fleet!!! My last time on the Dream, the room got way too cold. Had to turn the AC way down. I have smelled that smell on every ship I've been on, less on the Dream than most other ships I've been on. Dream has a much larger comedy club than Breeze, but guess which ship always gets blamed for their comedy club being too small. Yep, the Dream.

I also greatly prefer Dream's decor to Breeze's. Breeze's decor is very toned down. I also refer to it as bland. I prefer a more flashy decor. Dream's is, but it doesn't go too far with it. It's a perfect balance. It has such a great feel to the ship.

Both ships have equally great waterparks. Breeze has the ropes course that Dream doesn't have. Breeze has a 3D theater at an extra cost that Dream doesn't have. Dream has a larger and better mini golf course.

Breeze has Girls Burgers & the lizard-themed burrito place. Dream has unbranded burgers and an unbranded burrito bar, which means that Dream is allowed to serve burgers up at any hour (and more than just burgers), plus they can still serve the full Mexican buffet on one of the nights that Breeze is not allowed to do. Breeze has only pizza to eat from about 9:00 on, while Dream has several more options for those late night cravings. Both ships have the free pasta bar for lunch, while Breeze added an extra pay Italian restaurant for dinner. Both ships have the lanai BBQ on sea days, but the Breeze's is terrible (because of the burger & Mexican food restrictions) while Dream's is very good.

In summary, the Dream is by far my favorite ship in the fleet. But out of the 10 ships I've been on, the Breeze falls somewhere in the middle. Breeze has much better itineraries than Dream.

Edited by k2excursion

I too, have sailed both ships, and GREATLY prefer "Dream". I've never had a problem of any kind aboard that ship, and as noted, the shows, and musicians aboard are enough to get me back, even if there were some minor problems. (Which there were NOT!) Shows aboard "Breeze" didn't hold a candle to the shows aboard "Dream", and the cruise over all, aboard "Dream" was far superior, IMO. ;)

"SKY"

I've sailed both (Dream in Feb of 2013 and Breeze in March of 2014)...LOVED both ships. The Breeze was simply gorgeous. The decor just appealed to me, but that doesn't really matter. They are both great ships and I would eagerly go on either again. Enjoy!

I am sailing on the Dream for the first time in May 2015, my friend and his wife that are going with us went on the Dream in September and told me they loved the Dream better than any Carnival ship they have been on, they have sailed from Galveston and Fort Lauderdale so I do not know if they had been on the Breeze but going by their experience on the Dream it has me excited to be sailing on it, also he did not say anything about any kind of smells. I have only been on the Fascination and we enjoyed it so I am definitely excited to be cruising on a bigger ship this time!!

Sailed the Dream in August in a Lido Balcony. No smells, and we had an awesome time. Of the nine cabins in our group, three had issues with the AC all week. Ours was one. All of the others were nice and cool.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app