Five guys vs guys burgers. You decide.

dettlja

We love our Five Guys. We go running every time I see a burger thread. It's $5 and change for a burger at FG. I almost fell over when I saw a Guys burger going for $17 on 44th Street.

OMG...:eek: NO burger is worth $17

A restaurant at a club down the road from me used to sell a burger for $125. However, it included a $10 donation to Make a Wish. When the donation went away, they lowered the price to $100. The restaurant no longer exists because the club decided to reflag it as a different restaurant. Instead, a neighboring restaurant has a $1000 sundae.

http://most-expensive.com/burgers-world

Edited by Disconnections

Haven't had a Guy's burger yet, but I am no fan of Five Guys. Not sure what areas have Jake's Wayback Burgers , but I am not crazy about them either and everyone seems to go for them around here (Connecticut)

I am not a huge burger person , but outside of my own, you still can't beat an old fashioned drive in for a good burger. IMO

White Castle

Wish we had those in Virginia! Except you really can't make a comparison since it takes probably about 10 sliders to make one "regular" burger ;).

Being born and raised for the most part in the suburbs of Chicago, I sure do miss those! Whenever I visit my mom in WI, I make my sister stop at the WC outside of the airport in MSP on the way. Safe to say there's a big dent in the case of burgers by the time we get there :D

I see everyone talking about burgers, but no one is mentioning what really matters — the FRIES! At least in my opinion :p

The burgers at Five Guys are pretty good, but what I really love are the Cajun fries. Just the perfect amount of spice! Somehow none of the ships we have sailed have had a Guy's yet, but I'm hoping the Miracle gets on during her upcoming dry dock so we can give it a try when we sail next year. How do the fries at Guy's compare?

I see everyone talking about burgers, but no one is mentioning what really matters — the FRIES! At least in my opinion :p

The burgers at Five Guys are pretty good, but what I really love are the Cajun fries. Just the perfect amount of spice! Somehow none of the ships we have sailed have had a Guy's yet, but I'm hoping the Miracle gets on during her upcoming dry dock so we can give it a try when we sail next year. How do the fries at Guy's compare?

It seems like the fries I get at Guy's always seen to be a little "overcooked" and aren't that big. Maybe I'm just unlucky and get the bottom of the batch every time :( . If I had to pick I would say 5 Guy's fries are better. But, they are both good to me.

I don't get the fuss about either actually... I can't think of a single chain burger I've had that really blew me away. Absolutely nothing special about either, except any burger on a cruise ship is better than a burger not on a cruise ship :p