Kon-Tiki Party Tour, St. Thomas?

donlb

To be honest, we did this AFTER going to Megans Bay in the morning (we took a taxi to the beach from the pier). Megans Bay is so beautiful, I hated to leave. The Kon Tiki was fun and all, but I truly would have rather saved the money, leave Megans Bay (or Saphire Bay-I think that is what it is called-another nice beach that the locals suggested) at my leisure and go to town. The drinks on the boat are so-so. You can get better drinks in town (if drinking is your thing).

The Kon Tiki will pull up to a nearby beach where you can go on the beach, but the beach is very roocky (lots of tiny rocks everywhere) compated to Megans Bay. MB has soft sand, ocean kayaks avail. for rent, floating mats for rent, and nice views.

The Kon Tiki will also pull away from the beach and open the glass bottom boat windows (which are just covered by teak wood boxes that you sit on until they are used) and feed fish. That is kind of neat, but I'd rather snorkel in it than watch over the side of a boat.

You'll have a nice time and all. I just enjoyed my personal MB and island time more.

Just an opinion.

Have a great time.

It's ok. The ride back from the beach is better than to when they start playing music and doing the limbo. The beach was really rocky like the other poster mentioned. I didn't like having to get back on the ship walking on all these rocks. I would only recommend it to people who wanted all you can drink.

We did it on our first cruise and had a fun time. It depends on what you want. It is an excursion that encourages social interaction and the rum punch is plentiful. If you're not a snorkeler or beach bum, you won't miss anything. The limbo contest was very funny. This was our honeymoon and my very shy 6'5 husband was persuaded (read pressured) by the crew to participate. At the very end, some crew snuck up behind him when the bar was about 6 inches off the floor, picked him up and slid an inner tube under him and threw him under the bar. Yes, he won and yes it was fixed but everyone was really cracking up. We did this and the helicopter tour on that trip and were very happy with both. Now, though we like to do a snokeling/sailing kind of combo.

But as everyone else has said, it's going to depend a lot on what you're expecting.

We'd never been to St. Thomas, weren't interested in going shopping, had no clue where to go, and the party cruise sounded like fun.

Which it was. Yes, the beach was slightly rocky, not no worse than a lot of other beaches I've been too. (Actually, I prefer rocky -- tiny rocks are easier to get out of your shoes, off your feet, out of your bathing suit. I hate sand.) The punch was fine. (I'm not a gourmet of mixed drinks) The band was great. The scenery getting there was beautiful.

We're going to be on the Radiance in Jan, and will be going back to St. Thomas. Not sure if we'll take the Kon-Tiki again, but I certainly wouldn't mind it. If we don't do that, it will only be because we want to try something different.

Hello

Do you like to Drink? Do you like to Party? Do you like to get drunk LOL? If you answered yes to all this you will like the party boat. I did it april while cruising on the zuiderdam and to be truthful I dont even remember getting off the barge the rum punch is rum 151 it goes to a small beach for a while and you can drink as much as you want and if you dont like the rum punch you can get rum n coke you will have a blast have a great time Jamese:D :D :D

Agree with all of the above posts, nice laid back time, they pull off to a private beach, drinking, easy day, nothing spectacular, but it's a nice break.

Booked it again in 2 weeks on Adventure along with parasailing early in the morning. As you can see from my sailings, been to St Thomas many times and done most anything, so really, it's just what you want to do. It's the last stop on our 7 day cruise and wanted something laid back.

Have fun.

Dave

Archived