Cemetery Beach - questions

Aviendha

My husband, 5 year old, and I are sailing aboard the Disney Wonder this November and are looking for a laid back beach day for our visit to the Cayman Islands. I have poured through tons of reviews and posts, and I REALLY want to go to Cemetery Beach. We like things nice and quiet, and our kid is very low key, so this place sounds like a great fit for us. We just want to swim and hang out, and don't care about bars, chairs, etc.

Our plan is to eat/grab food before we go, then take a taxi down that way and stay for an hour or two. But, my biggest fear is not being able to find transportation back to the pier. Can anyone advise on how to make this happen? Will it be easy to find taxis, or will we need to arrange for a pick up time? Or perhaps we can walk a short ways to a location that has more transportation available?

Also, does anyone know where the closest restroom facilities are located? I don't mind paying a small fee to enter a club, but need to know how and where to access them. Thanks so much for helping make this day happen! :)

Hi

There is enough traffic in the area that a taxi should pass, but if you are standing roadside a bus might pass as well.

I can't remember if there was a dedicated stop at that point but you can flag them down anywhere on their route. We took the bus from downtown and return and didn't have any significant wait.

I am sorry but I really do not remember if there were any stores or restaurants in the area. I don't think there was anything nearby but I could be wrong.

hope this helps...have a great cruise

Edited by Nic6318

You can simply walk through the cemetery back out to West Bay Road and cross the road to the Fire Station to flag down any passing bus to go back to town. They will drop you at the bus depot on Edward St, about two blocks inland from the port.

There is a Foster's Food Fair grocery a short walk from Cemetery Beach.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Drew. We've been to Cemetery Beach a few times and took the bus. Walk over to the bus station when you get off the ship (by the fountain), and tell the driver you want to go to Cemetery. He'll drop you off right in front. When you want to go back to the ship, walk back to the road, cross to the other side and wait a few minutes for the bus to come. No problems.