Laundry on the Spirit?

nevarez

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has had laundry done on the Spirit and if so, how large ( or small) is the laundry bag provided and how much does the ship charge? Or do they charge per clothing?

I'll be on a 12 night cruise ( Mediterranean )but prefer to pack light and just launder clothes.

Thanks,

Ana

We managed 12 underthings (bras, undies, etc), 3 prs of socks, one pair of shorts, one golf shirt and a t-shirt in one of the paper bags and probably could have gotten a few more things in it if needed. The key to the bags (which are made of incredibly thin paper) is to stuff carefully and slowly. That being said, they hold more than you think they will at first glance.

Thank you! I'm glad to hear that it's offered and even $30 is not too bad.

Ana

I wouldn't recommend using the service for any delicate items or anything that you don't want washed or dried on high heat. The laundry service is great however there is no special handling. We've used it for underwear, socks and DH's t-shirts. For anything I usually wash in cold water or hang dry I would not recommend putting in the laundry bag.