Favorite Waiters: Ship and Why

BrooklynGirl2

[b][size=3]On Summit Jesus was our waiter. He was divine!When my son missed dinner one night due to feeling a bit sea sick, Jesus told me that apple slices would make him feel better, before I left the table, Jesus had brought over a whole wrapped plate of apple slices to take back to my cabin for my son. He ate some of the apple slices and about 45 minutes later was feeling much better. I had never heard of apple slices to cure motion sickness but hey if Jesus says it's the cure who am I to judge? He was defietly one of the best waiters we have ever had, other than Morris on Majesty of the Seas.[/size][/b]

Dixon from Century in 2003 (I see someone earlier in the thread mentioned Dixon, could it be him? from India?) -- he was really sweet to our son and besides excellent service, that won us over

Hector (Jamaica) from Century in 2002 -- our first cruise & he was so elegant, my husband always says "Hector WAS the 'five-star experience'"

Ben from Mercury last month (August '05) -- terrific service and so friendly

TR
looking forward next to Galaxy 4/1/06

In May on the Infinity we had Anitza Todorova as our waiter. She was wonderful. It's amazing how attached you become. Anitza, my daughter and myself were all crying when saying our goodbyes. She only had 2 more cruises before going home for a few months, so I'm not sure where she is now.

My favorite dining steward of all time on any ship anywhere was Peri on the Millennium in November 2003. This wonderful man couldn't do enough for us and he never stopped smiling. Every night he brought me shrimp cocktail "just in case". So many stories about him, I'd bore everyone.

But the sad news was it was his last cruise with Celebrity and he got off when we docked in Fort Lauderdale. He was planning to make his home here.

I begged Peri to let me adopt him, but he had other plans for his life;) .

phtktz3...just have to tell you that "eating an apple to help seasickness" is an old remedy...as a young girl on a transatlantic almost 50 years ago (eek, am I that old????) I was terribly seasick and our kind cabin steward kept bringing me apples. Regarding excellent waiters, I have to mention Rui from Portugal and Sunil (he told us to call him Sunny and that name certainly was apt!) from India on our Constellation Baltic...they were outstanding.

Just back from our first cruise in the Med so there's a lot to say but I'll keep to the topic and just say that JOVEL in the Metropolitan on the Millennium was superb, so professional and yet so full of fun and he clearly enjoyed his job. We asked him if he was happy and he answered very sincerely that this was a 24 hour job and you had to be happy ALL of the time otherwise you should not be doing the job.

One night I was regretting that I'd had too much to eat and had no room for the wonderful chocolate torte available. I joked that in an hour I would regret not having it, he asked if we would like to have it taken to our stateroom later.........an hour later he appeared personally at our stateroom with two portions! We then had to insist that he accept a tip as he did not want to accept it....now THAT'S service!!

[quote name='phtktz3'][b][size=3]On Summit Jesus was our waiter. He was divine!When my son missed dinner one night due to feeling a bit sea sick, Jesus told me that apple slices would make him feel better, before I left the table, Jesus had brought over a whole wrapped plate of apple slices to take back to my cabin for my son. He ate some of the apple slices and about 45 minutes later was feeling much better. I had never heard of apple slices to cure motion sickness but hey if Jesus says it's the cure who am I to judge? He was defietly one of the best waiters we have ever had, other than Morris on Majesty of the Seas.[/size][/b][/QUOTE]

Hi Lori:) I was just re-reading this entire thread. The staff and crew are always fantastic.
I will be on Summit in another week. Jesus sounds wonderful and I
learned something from your post too. I have never heard of apples
clearing up motion sickness! Learn something new every day.

[quote name='Lois R']Hi Lori:) I was just re-reading this entire thread. The staff and crew are always fantastic.
I will be on Summit in another week. Jesus sounds wonderful and I
learned something from your post too. I have never heard of apples
clearing up motion sickness! Learn something new every day.[/QUOTE][b]The whole thing with the sliced apples was news to all of us at our table, however, in talking with crew members they all said that is what they use for themselves.[/b]
[b]Mare s.----did the apples help you?[/b]

The best waiter we ever had was on the Century a few years ago. His name was Marcus and he was from Austria. He provided outstanding service and had a wonderful personality. We still compare every other waiter to him and they just don't seem to be his equal.

Archived