Weight Limit Ziplining in Belize

TexasAggie2014

Howdy guys! So I am trying to lean up for my cruise in March and have a Ziplining excursion booked, but it says there is a 265 pound weight limit. My goal is to get way below that so there isn't an issue. Since we have several months before I leave I am afraid something might happen to cause me not to lose the weight. Do y'all know how strict they are about the weight limit? If anything I might be 10 pounds over so we are not talking 30-40 pounds... There not going to have a scale to weight people in question are they?

Howdy guys! So I am trying to lean up for my cruise in March and have a Ziplining excursion booked, but it says there is a 265 pound weight limit. My goal is to get way below that so there isn't an issue. Since we have several months before I leave I am afraid something might happen to cause me not to lose the weight. Do y'all know how strict they are about the weight limit? If anything I might be 10 pounds over so we are not talking 30-40 pounds... There not going to have a scale to weight people in question are they?

It's a safety issue. Are you feeling lucky? Make sure to buy insurance.

Just a couple of things to add.

I've done the zip line in Belize and in St. Thomas USVI.

The Belize zip line had a lot of walking between zips, was a single cable zip line, and to finish required a short repell to get to the ground.

The St. Thomas zip line was regulated by US safety standards, was. 2 cable zip line.

If something should happen, is Belize really where you want to be?

There are several different ziplines run by several different companies. Some have more safety features than others. These guys (the same company as the .bz cave tubing people) advertise as having the most up to date and internationally safety-certified equipment. Check with them re: weight limits and you should be fine.

Edited by The Mister

I'm heavier than you, I've done the zip line and cave tubing with a private company last year and the year before and felt perfectly safe. It was a double cable, and I was impressed with the safety. You'll be fine. I strength tested it for you. :)

• Like 1