Past Guest Party

hues of blue

2 weeks ago I asked the cruise director if there was a G,P,Diamond party on the 5 day cruise---he replied yes, it's tonight! We went --the 5:00 time came and there were 8 people at the door! The door opened and the CD's face fell----the invitations never went out! The 8 piece band played and the singer sang for the 8 of us, the large waitstaff would replace our drinks after a sip! The CD called it off after 15 minutes and begged us to take as many drinks as we could carry away with us. I hate to think of the wasted food and drinks. The party was held the next day, invitations arrived BUT THE MOVIE WOULDN'T RUN!

Wow:eek: Invitations not going out...that is not very cool.:eek::(

Our room stewards have always placed our invitations for the Past Guest or VIFP Party by itself somewhere, but usually on the bed or on the desk where they know we'll see it. On our last cruise, the Art Gallery Champagne brochures, along with a sales flyer for watches or jewelry and the next days Fun Times was apart of that nights papers left in the room. The invitation to the VIFP party was on the bed being held by the towel animal, being propped up by the chocolate squares, and everything else was on the desk.

I guess I will put the blame on our room steward and myself for not asking earlier and to the right people. We have always enjoyed going to them regardless of where they are held. Last year my daughter and I ordered Apple Martinis, with a tip thrown in for the special order. They are always happy to get us whatever we have asked for.

Sherri