Past Guest Party

hues of blue

I just returned last Thursday from 5 night cruise on the Victory and was a little surprised that there was not a past guest party. When I hadn't received an invite by day 4 I asked our room steward and he said they weren't doing it any more. I know I should have called guest services and asked but by then I figured it didn't matter. Just wondering if that is indeed the case, or if I was just forgotten for some reason. If I look up benefits it does say that there is a party for 5+ day cruises.

Sherri

The past guest party was replaced by the Gold, Platinum, and Diamond party. So the steward was correct, but there is a party. With all the Carnival cruises you've been on, you should have been invited. Too bad you didn't follow up with guest services. They would have taken care of you.

I know you are Platinum from you signature. Sorry there was a slip up for you. We had one on the Magic Sept 28 sailing. Next Carnival Cruise I would be sure to ask about it.(early) Not that it was the be all end all of parties but it was fun 45 mins. Drinks were good and they had some appetizers.

Did you keep your Funtimes? I read a few monthws ago that it was listed on the first day in hopes that everyone would forget.:confused:

The VIFP party is never in the Fun Times and never has been. The Farewell party was listed on the first day in small font so no one would know about it and now it has been cancelled. You always got an invite for the past guest party, which is now gone, and now for the VIFP party, on 5 night or longer cruises. So, technically, there is no past guest party, but there is a gold, platinum and diamond party.

I just returned last Thursday from 5 night cruise on the Victory and was a little surprised that there was not a past guest party. When I hadn't received an invite by day 4 I asked our room steward and he said they weren't doing it any more. I know I should have called guest services and asked but by then I figured it didn't matter. Just wondering if that is indeed the case, or if I was just forgotten for some reason. If I look up benefits it does say that there is a party for 5+ day cruises.

Sherri

Do you look at the papers the cabin steward leaves every day? Your invitation would have been in that with the Art Auction invitations, Spa Specials, etc.

On our last cruise in July on the Pride we received our invitation to the party the morning of the party. Well we didn't return to the cabin all day so when we went back to the cabin around 6:00 pm to start getting ready for dinner....our invitation was laying on the bed.

At least one day notice would have been nice. Oh well I guess I didn't need the free drink anyways :p

We were on the Victory 10/18 to 10/23. There was a Gold Plat. Diamond Party on day 3 (1/2 Moon Cay day) at 4:30 to 5:15 in the rear lounge.

This is the one we were on, both my room mate and I should have been invited. I do go through all the papers each day, but usually the invites are by themselves. Not a huge deal, but considering that our room steward had been working for Carnival over 8 years you would think he would know if it was happening or not.. I should have called guest services by day 3 I guess. Lesson learned for next time:(

Sherri

Want going to go because we were going to buy cheers but with the price increase we aren't. I want to go as this is our first trip as gold. You can order whatever you want, correct? Sounds like it's about 45 minutes, so you can get more than one drink? Never been, just curious.

Want going to go because we were going to buy cheers but with the price increase we aren't. I want to go as this is our first trip as gold. You can order whatever you want, correct? Sounds like it's about 45 minutes, so you can get more than one drink? Never been, just curious.

Yes, you can get more than one. You can also order but service will vary. Tipping helps.

We got an invitation the night before the party on the Pride in September which was great. In my opinion the "late afternoon" party doesn't seem elegant anymore. People come in shorts. Does anyone remember when we used to go to the party either before or after the evening meal? Oh well, I guess we have to go with the flow.......it is a fun party, just not the same but super glad we went and even made a point to come in early to "get in our party clothes" ;)

Edited by GRANNYOFSIX

Just got off the Dream 7 night cruise and I think we received the party invitation on the day after embarkation. It was a card in an envelope so you would notice it among the spa and shopping offer papers. They took the invitation like a ticket as you walked in the party. It was at 3 on our 2nd sea day. The drinks were plentiful especially if you took what they had on the trays, which was mainly rum punch. There were also a few mai tais, beer and some wine. They had 3 different appetizers they brought around on trays. You could order another drink but you had to wait and the party goes by pretty quickly. They did say we could take our drinks with us when it was over. We probably each had 3 or 4 drinks and one for the road. I thought it was nice for a "free" party.

This is the one we were on, both my room mate and I should have been invited. I do go through all the papers each day, but usually the invites are by themselves. Not a huge deal, but considering that our room steward had been working for Carnival over 8 years you would think he would know if it was happening or not.. I should have called guest services by day 3 I guess. Lesson learned for next time:(

Sherri

We have been on 24 different Carnival Cruise Ships and were not impressed with the way the Victory functioned. Small example, we asked our room steward on day 1, to keep our small cooler filled with ice and to also bring us ice for drinks in a bucket. He brought the drink ice in a plastic beer can bucket instead of the standard covered silver ice bucket. We left a note and he got it right on day 2.

The Captain had a very informal Diamond event on day 2 of the cruise, sort of in conjunction with the ship wide "Captains Celebration" ( the 30 minute time to meet and take photos with ship's officers). We were told at this event by Lulu, the Guest Services Manager, that the "Returners" party would be on day 3, Monday 10/20. We normally receive invitations to this party during the day before the event or often at turn down. We did receive the invitations on Sunday but not until well after turndown when they were slid under our cabin door. Sorry you missed the party.

... guess they're not that impressive anymore.
Last one we attended

was crammed into the low-ceilinged lounge on Deck 5 at the stern of the ship!

Not in the big Show Lounge up forward, as is the usual.

The band was WAY too loud for that low-ceilinged venue

and quite frankly I won't be in attendance again if they consign it to that unfortunate locality.

We were on the Victory 10/18 to 10/23. There was a Gold Plat. Diamond Party on day 3 (1/2 Moon Cay day) at 4:30 to 5:15 in the rear lounge.

We were on the Victory and attended the party. It was a separate invitation card addressed to me. I believe it was delivered our first sea day so I had some notice. Not many people were at the party but it was fun with lots of free drinks. Sorry you missed it.

Did you keep your Funtimes? I read a few monthws ago that it was listed on the first day in hopes that everyone would forget.:confused:

It is always delivered separate. It is by invitation only and is never listed in the Fun Times. Can you imagine the scene of everyone showing up! :p

My last cruise on Carnival was a 5 day (Oct 2013) and I received an invite for the VIFP party and it was packed! On the Triumph it wasn't held in the showroom anymore, it had been moved to the Lounge (where comedy shows performed). Smaller area but still fun. Had no shortage of snacks and drinks to go around. If memory serves me right it was the second to last night of the cruise.

I went to the one on the Breeze 8 day southern about a month ago and it was actually pretty good. I think they broke the parties up into two seatings due to volume of guests but I'm not sure about that. It was in the forward theater and they had it on the third day I believe, grand turk day. They did put a flyer in our cabin the first day to allow us to plan our schedules out so we could go. It was at 400 pm and officially lasted for 45 minutes. It was good, cd Matt included the attendees in the festivities and the house band played a set at the beginning. It's worth it to go, at least on the Breeze. I have been to a few on other ships that sucked and were a waste of time though. I think the sailing has to be LONGER than 5 days now however as the last 5 day sailing I went on didn't have one.

2 weeks ago I asked the cruise director if there was a G,P,Diamond party on the 5 day cruise---he replied yes, it's tonight! We went --the 5:00 time came and there were 8 people at the door! The door opened and the CD's face fell----the invitations never went out! The 8 piece band played and the singer sang for the 8 of us, the large waitstaff would replace our drinks after a sip! The CD called it off after 15 minutes and begged us to take as many drinks as we could carry away with us. I hate to think of the wasted food and drinks. The party was held the next day, invitations arrived BUT THE MOVIE WOULDN'T RUN!