Bangkok and Phu My HCMC

drpepr

Hi

As we get such useful info from CruiseCritic I thought it would be helpful to return the favor.

We recently got off the Sapphire Princess and booked private shore excursions in all of the ports.

Bangkok: We docked in Laem Chabang and used Thai Tour Guide. Mr. Chob was easy to communicate with for booking and replied promptly. Our guide was Mr. TJ and we had a driver. The car was comfortable and the AC worked well. You have a 2.5 hour drive each way from the port and returning to the ship on time was definitely on our guides mind. We saw the flower market and Wat Pho followed by a private canal boat ride. Lunch was wonderful...tasty and reasonable prices. We ended the day at the Royal Palace before heading back to the port. Mr. TJ was very nice, knowledgable and easy to understand.

Phu My: We used Smile Tours and communicated with Ms. Thi. They put together small groups and dont offer tours for just 2 people. We were concerned about getting a group as we contacted her way in advance but in the end there were 6 couples. Our bus was comfortable and could hold over 30 people. We were met at port by the guide and the driver. It was a bit less than 2 hours to get to HCMC. We did a quick stop at a lacquer factory and then went to a temple and a church and post office. We went to the War museum and then took a trishaw for 45m to Chinatown where we visited another temple. We went for some coffee in a store named Butterfly. Lunch was at Pho 2000 followed by shopping at Ben Thanh market. Bryan was our guide and did a good job introducing us to Vietnam. The lacquer shop was not on the itinerary but all tours seem to make it to one. It was quick though so didnt bother us too much.

Both companies take payment on the day of the tour. I would not hesitate to use either company again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app