AquaDuck

psklak

Hopefully someone out there can help with this question.

I am a large person all around and am concerned about the AquaDuck access. Can anyone who is of the larger variety tell me if size is a problem? Are any signs posted re: weight/height for adults?

Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks:confused:

Hopefully someone out there can help with this question.

I am a large person all around and am concerned about the AquaDuck access. Can anyone who is of the larger variety tell me if size is a problem? Are any signs posted re: weight/height for adults?

Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks:confused:

20axqxf.jpg

You have climb up about 60+ steps to get to the boarding area. Once there, the raft will basically be on the floor for getting into. At the unload area you must get out of the raft as it floats in the moving water while holding onto the side of the flume.

There isn't a maximum size/weight that I could find anywhere. It's pretty much up to you whether it's do-able.

For what it's worth, having a bit of extra weight can make the aquaduck kind of awesome. We were on the fantasy last week and we noticed that when a skinny person rode alone they someyime got stuck in the tube. The best ride for us was the two (not skinny!) adults on one raft. The water propelled us forward and the extra weight made the drops more extreme. My kids wanted to ride with mom or dad just for the weight boost! I LOVE the aquaduck!!! If you can, give it a try!!!

I am a moderately overweight female. The biggest problem when you are overweight and 60 is climbing the stairs. If you can handle that, you'll be OK. Water shoes that will firmly stay on (like have a strap) are a good idea as the stairs can be hot. Getting IN was not a problem at all. The CM at the bottom told me to roll out of the raft and then stand up--made getting out MUCH easier.

As noted, the more weight, the faster it goes. That's why kids can't ride alone--not enough weight doesn't propel the raft correctly.

At the time of my last cruise I was about 6'1" and approximately 440 lbs. I asked the attendant if I would have an issue and he assured me I would not. He said plenty of people larger than me had ridden. I rode it two times without incident though I did hold on for dear life as I didn't want to fall off and have to be rescued in front of the world (don't know if it's possible and wasn't going to find out!).