Surprise & the Sunshine - Oct 12-17 review with pictures

GeorgiaMomof4

Enjoyed the review and seems you did a balanced reporting. Sure, there may be things someone doesn't like but overall the statement you would sail again on the Sunshine says a lot. THANKS for the report as we will be on her come FEB 7th, 2015.

[quote name='lifeisgoodPat']Thank you for a great review. We will be sailing on the Sunshine in Oct of next year. I couldn't resist an 8 day to Bermuda out of Port Canaveral. It will be my first visit there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reading!

The 2015 Thanksgiving cruise we are looking at on the Sunshine is an 8 day. 7 is the longest we've ever done and I'd love to do the 8, I would just hate to get back on Sunday and have that long drive home just to have to go back to work on Monday.

I see you live in Ormond - if I lived that close I'd probably want to cruise all the time!

[quote name='Swampbaby']Enjoyed the review and seems you did a balanced reporting. Sure, there may be things someone doesn't like but overall the statement you would sail again on the Sunshine says a lot. THANKS for the report as we will be on her come FEB 7th, 2015.[/quote]

Thanks so much for reading. I just call it like I see it and certainly don't want to influence anyone one way or the other to pick a ship or not based on my reviews.

Like I said, service was very lacking on this trip for us but that's not to say that it wouldn't be wonderful the next time.

I'm sure you'll have a great time in February - we will be sailing on the Paradise for the first time on February 7th. Can't wait!

I really enjoyed your review! I've taken my teenage son on 2 cruises to celebrate his birthday the past few years, as it's on July 3rd. He loves having the cabin decorated and getting all the special attention at dinner from the waiters. They are truly only young once and I feel most kids like cruising because of feeling so independent in the age-appropriate clubs and meeting new friends, along with all the fun activities. I've been on the Dream and the Breeze but I really am going to look at cruising the Sunshine soon. I like the Southern Caribbean itinerary.

On another note, I want to say I'm very impressed by your care and concern for children as an adopted and foster parent. My sister is a psychologist and her passion is working with adopted adolescents. She just had a son last Monday and is also adjusting to life with a newborn. Best of wishes to you and your sweet new addition to your family!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I really enjoyed your review! I've taken my teenage son on 2 cruises to celebrate his birthday the past few years, as it's on July 3rd. He loves having the cabin decorated and getting all the special attention at dinner from the waiters. They are truly only young once and I feel most kids like cruising because of feeling so independent in the age-appropriate clubs and meeting new friends, along with all the fun activities. I've been on the Dream and the Breeze but I really am going to look at cruising the Sunshine soon. I like the Southern Caribbean itinerary.

On another note, I want to say I'm very impressed by your care and concern for children as an adopted and foster parent. My sister is a psychologist and her passion is working with adopted adolescents. She just had a son last Monday and is also adjusting to life with a newborn. Best of wishes to you and your sweet new addition to your family!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you so much for following along.

Our kids do love to cruise. This is the first trip that we've given them a little bit of freedom to roam the ship on their own. I'm always worried something will happen but since they are a little older now I know it's time to let them spread their wings (but just a tad). We've cruised on Collin's birthday 2 times and it was fun both times. He enjoys the extra attention too although he didn't get much of it from our wait staff this past cruise.

We've done the Dream and it was one of our favorite trips. We loved the Blackjack Band that was on the Dream. We haven't done the Breeze and may not ever get to since my husband won't fly and I'm not going to drive for 12 or 13 hours to get to Miami. Hopefully one day they will move it farther north maybe to Port Canaveral and we can sail her then.

Thank you very much for your comment about adoption and fostering. We have debated whether we should stop fostering since we've been doing it for over 9 years, but my heart hurts when I think of these children with no where to go. We have become attached to so many only to see them move on to a permanent home or possibly even be reunited with their birth families. We know in our hearts that they are only ours for a short time, but it doesn't make it any easier to see them go.

Your new nephew is only 1 day younger than our foster son then - our foster son was born last Sunday.

Once again - thanks for reading and for your comments.

Sailed on the Destiny back in 2010 and the Valor in 2013...we loved the Valor, and got engaged in our cabin 1051. At that time, the Valor did not have the upgrades but I think she might be going into dry dock?

We found the same service on the glory in May-the dining room service wasn't up to previous standards :(

Thank you for your review-it was great reading it!

Sailed on the Destiny back in 2010 and the Valor in 2013...we loved the Valor, and got engaged in our cabin 1051. At that time, the Valor did not have the upgrades but I think she might be going into dry dock?

We found the same service on the glory in May-the dining room service wasn't up to previous standards :(

Thank you for your review-it was great reading it!

Thanks for reading - I'll have to check and see if the Valor is going into dry dock before next Thanksgiving.

Great review!

I'm going on the Sunshine in less than a month (!) and can't wait. We've been on the Valor twice (review below) and think it'll be comparable.

Thanks again for sharing your review!

The Sunshine is a great ship - so much to do. Have fun!

Thanks for reading!

Thank you for taking the time to do such a great review- your pictures are awesome and your children are beautiful! Blessings to you for opening up your home and hearts to children in need!

Thank you so much for your kind words. I think they are beautiful - but I am just a little prejudice.

I'm glad you enjoyed the review - it took longer to finish than I had wanted so I'm not sure how many people will come back to finish reading it but hopefully it will help someone.