Lido deck on the Golden

mocha9

We are planning on booking a 10 day cruise to Alaska on the Golden next summer. Has anyone stayed in a balcony room on the Lido deck? We were wondering if noise from the youth center or MUTS on the deck above was a problem? Also was there any smell from the beauty salon which is above the Lido deck?

We are planning on booking a 10 day cruise to Alaska on the Golden next summer. Has anyone stayed in a balcony room on the Lido deck? We were wondering if noise from the youth center or MUTS on the deck above was a problem? Also was there any smell from the beauty salon which is above the Lido deck?

It wasn't the Golden, but I did have a Lido deck balcony once. It was noisy because we were near the elevators with all the confused people getting off and wondering why they weren't at the pool or the buffet. There were signs to direct them, but still they wandered up and down the halls loudly proclaiming they were lost.

I had L312 on the Golden on a Coastal Getaway cruise and I was grateful it was only a 3-day; lots of noise from the Neptune's Reef and Pool area and almost constant foot traffic past the cabin door. But I think it would be much quieter closer to the bow; I wouldn't hesitate to book forward of L218 or L219.

We were on the Lido deck on the Golden last year for a South America cruise. We didn't notice any noise, smells or extra foot traffic. I never heard MUTS--which is toward the stern a ways, not right by the cabin area. It's actually a very convenient location.

We were a few cabins down from the elevator lobby, and those elevators and stairs seem under-used, since they are on the far end of the ship from the buffet. Perhaps the cabins closest to the entry to the pool deck would be busier; it didn't seem that way though.

We've had Lido deck cabins several times and often book them on purpose because it's so nice to just walk a few feet and be and be right where a lot of the action is. Of course, it is farther down to the promenade and MDR, shops, etc.

This was a bonus for me as I like to take the stairs most of the time; 104 steps from deck 7 to our cabin--now that was a hike! But good for me.

• 5 months later...
I was wondering about L234 on the Golden to Alaska. It is far enough away from the elevators/doors, so that wouldn't be a problem. But, it is under the massage area, was there any noise from above? And, was there a lot of motion?

If we stay in that area we try and get forward of the elevators. ;)

Less foot traffic.

If we stay in that area we try and get forward of the elevators. ;)

Less foot traffic.

Yes, forward of the elevators - definitely. Do you think that would be an ok location for Alaska from San Francisco? Or, would there be too much motion that high and forward?

Can't decide between L234 or A, B or C! I am really getting confused! :confused:

Wish I could just have you pick a cabin for us! :D

Yes, forward of the elevators - definitely. Do you think that would be an ok location for Alaska from San Francisco? Or, would there be too much motion that high and forward?

Can't decide between L234 or A, B or C! I am really getting confused! :confused:

Wish I could just have you pick a cabin for us! :D

Any cabin in that corridor forward of the pool area will have motion that high up. IMO

I would have to sail in the cabin once maybe even twice :p then come back and make the recommendation. :D

I think it will be fine.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Any cabin in that corridor forward of the pool area will have motion that high up. IMO

I would have to sail in the cabin once maybe even twice :p then come back and make the recommendation. :D

I think it will be fine.

Thanks again for your expert advice! :) Decisions, decisions. :D