9c on Carnival Freedom

ginurse

Getting ready to book the Freedom for June out of Galveston. Am thinking about booking a 9c wrap. Has anyone been in these on the Freedom? Can't decide which cabin, torn between deck 6 for the sofa and deck 8 for higher up. I know deck 8 is under the Lido deck but from the pictures I can find it looks like it's tables and not deck chairs above that cabin. Suggestions?

We had 7445 and loved it. Nice location because it was a quick walk up to the Lido deck.

The couches on deck 6 would be nice too. We have also been on deck 8 but not on the Freedom and did not notice much noise just an occasional chair scraping. Sorry I know that isn't much help.

I thought about the Empress deck too. I just can't seem to make up my mind which cabin. Both sides are available on 6/8 and the port on 7. Can I ask what month you went? I am just wondering if since we are going in July if that will make the balcony to hot to enjoy. We have never staying in one of these and I was wondering if it gets much breeze. One reason I was looking at the 8th deck was it looks the there is more of a balcony on the side on this deck. My thinking was the side may get some breeze.

That's true too. Maybe I'd be better off just booking the Empress deck and being done with it. :)

We have stayed in the aft wraps on similar ships (on 6) and only heard noise one night

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My wife and I had 8450 (aft ext balcony) on Freedom in July of 2014 (post 2.0 upgrades) and loved it. No noise from above, only a little vibration while porting. Huge balcony with 2 loungers and a cocktail table/2 chairs.

Curious to know if you were able to get a breeze at all back there as that's the time of year we will be going. Haven't decided on June or July yet. Would hate to book a balcony like that and it be to hot to enjoy.

Curious to know if you were able to get a breeze at all back there as that's the time of year we will be going. Haven't decided on June or July yet. Would hate to book a balcony like that and it be to hot to enjoy.

We have had 4 aft wraps. i have not found them any hotter than others and no more breeze or less.

The "aft" portion of the wrap can be extremely hot with the orientation of the ship in relation to the sun and breezes being the biggest factor in determining the temp. I've often taken ice buckets of water out there to throw on the deck to get the temp tolerable to go barefoot on. It can get very hot.

The nice thing about a wrap is you do have the side portion that generally has an overhead and a breeze. We've often spent time there when the aft portion was too hot. Plus you get a bit more privacy there.

Edited by LostPuppy

We had the deck 7 wrap on the Triumph which is a similar layout. Loved the cabin and the balcony. The part of the balcony that wraps around the side is covered so you can get shade during the day and privacy at night. ;) We've had this room twice and I would definitely book it again. I love being able to watch the ship's wake, especially in the moonlight.

We had the deck 7 wrap on the Triumph which is a similar layout. Loved the cabin and the balcony. The part of the balcony that wraps around the side is covered so you can get shade during the day and privacy at night. ;) We've had this room twice and I would definitely book it again. I love being able to watch the ship's wake, especially in the moonlight.

We have a deck 8 wrap booked on the Breeze. Wondered if anyone knows if balcony divider will open to L shaped balcony. Thanks if anyone knows or has info about cabin 8473

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Yes, it was hot to very hot during the day. It was perfect for morning coffee and evening wine and always comfortable temperature during those times. Being hot during the day was not an issue because we were either on deck or in port. Even with the temp increase it was not an issue for us. Though our next balcony will be a forward because we did miss having the wind passing by.