Great sale you got there RCI

As Ellen mentioned earlier, the BOGOHO prices also had terms that restricted them to new bookings, but Royal allowed price drops on existing bookings. Bottom line is that no one knows yet. I'd call C&A today or tomorrow and see what they say. Please report back if you do.

I called and I would have been allowed to cancel and re-book. The problem is there are weekend rates and they aren't allowed with this OBC promo. The re-pricing went up $2,000 without the weekend pricing.

As Ellen mentioned earlier, the BOGOHO prices also had terms that restricted them to new bookings, but Royal allowed price drops on existing bookings. Bottom line is that no one knows yet. I'd call C&A today or tomorrow and see what they say. Please report back if you do.

Thanks Bob. This is a crazy cruise to begin with. It is the 2-day 1/4/15 Freedom and I booked it to just go with someone who has never sailed Royal. (DH & DGS are staying home for this one.)

I'm hoping there won't be any dry dock prep work that would have a real negative effect, but figured it was worth taking a chance. A JS was less than a D1 - $332 came to $249pp after splitting the BOGOHO. Today, the price is still $332 but instead of $166 BOGOHO, it is showing $400 OBC.

OBC was supposed to be for cruises 3 days or longer. So it's either a website error (Royal never has them ;)) or Royal really needs to fill up this empty sailing.

I'll give them a call in the morning and post back here.

~ Judy

We are on Oasis for Christmas. Really expensive week for travel, but I know this. We are booked in Oceanview for 1400pp. Two cabins. I saw that balcony OV was reduced to same price we paid, so I upgraded with RCCL employee who barely spoke English. Messed up everything, and charged us a lot. Said we could only upgrade one cabin but not two at the sale price. In the meantime, they sold our original cabins. I was so angry. We are traveling with our adult kids, one of which will deploy in January, so spending time as a family is extra important. Suddenly, there were not two cabins together on the ship. We are near each other now, in our original category, but I'm not happy. If this cruise is not spectacular, we won't be back. We cruise a lot, but haven't been on Royal in a long time. Fingers crossed that it all works out great. Reading the posts on the board have scared me a little bit.

I would call and talk to someone else...maybe call C&A if you are a member. If there's one thing we all know about Royal it's if you don't like the answer you get from one rep, call back and speak to someone else. As much as I love Royal cruises, their IT and C/S leave a lot to be desired in the training department. Good Luck...and thank your son or daughter for their service. :)

First time cruiser here. We booked aft balcony on Serenade for late Feb. Total price under BOGOHO, including gratuities/taxes/etc was $2352. Just did a booking using the RCCL website and booked the cabin next to ours. Price is up to $2674 without auto gratuities. Not unhappy.

Just noticed that the price included $300 OBC. Only got $100 with the BOGOHO...

Edited by Raxter54

I agree that the "sales" are kind of crazy and the as always wonderful RCI website makes it really hard to know what the actual deals are.

However, it has always been my experience that the price on a cruise gradually rises (or not so gradually) from when it is listed until final payment so I don't see why you would be surprised that the price under the next "sale" is higher than it was under the old "sale".

Having said that I got deals on all of my pre-existing bookings back when BOGOHO/KSF first started by repricing them all but will be very surprised if the prices come back down enough to make them worth repricing again.

So we're booked on the Indy for February and we've been watching the price that we have very closely because final payment time is coming. Yesterday marked the end of the BOGO sale so we thought it will be interesting to see if the price goes down. This morning we see that they have another sale - up to $1500 on board credit. For our room it would be $400 OBC. Hey, maybe we'll get something here!

Price on Friday for our room with 3 people $1905

Today with the $400 OBC, Care to guess the price? Drumroll please........

$2505. So if I want to get a $400OBC all I need to do is spend $500 extra.

You know, I really enjoy the RCI product but these last few months they've really turned me off. As far as I'm concerned its outright flimflammery (is that a word :) ) bordering on theft. To jack up prices by $500 and claim its a sale. Shame on you RCI. We're long time customers and I have to say I'm really starting to question if in future you deserve my business.

Sounds like my Adventure cruise for May 2015. I paid 2025$ while on board and got a 100$ OBC.. now if i want to book its 3650$ , but you get more of a obc but you pay more to get it. Not worth it

Thanks Bob. This is a crazy cruise to begin with. It is the 2-day 1/4/15 Freedom and I booked it to just go with someone who has never sailed Royal. (DH & DGS are staying home for this one.)

I'm hoping there won't be any dry dock prep work that would have a real negative effect, but figured it was worth taking a chance. A JS was less than a D1 - $332 came to $249pp after splitting the BOGOHO. Today, the price is still $332 but instead of $166 BOGOHO, it is showing $400 OBC.

OBC was supposed to be for cruises 3 days or longer. So it's either a website error (Royal never has them ;)) or Royal really needs to fill up this empty sailing.

I'll give them a call in the morning and post back here.

~ Judy

I kept renewing courtesy hold & finally got around to calling Royal today since final payment was due. I said how the November OBC offer didn't contain anything about not canceling & rebooking and how, although it was showing OBC for sailings of 3 days or more, it was showing a $400 OBC for a JS on this 2 day cruise. Perhaps b/c it is not selling at all. David at Royal saw that and told me no need to cancel and rebook. He would apply offer to my existing reservation and send me a new confirmation, which he did.

So, $332 less $200 OBC each, comes to $66pp per day for JS on FOTS. Wish I could get on a week long cruise! :)

Now I just have to hope the OBC posts to our sea pass account before we have to disembark. :eek:

~ Judy