FLL Pier Question

Toad

Thanks to all who have replied. We have decided to stay about an hour outside of FLL, the night before our cruise and drive in to the port the morning we depart. We will then park in the cruise port parking as most people seem very satisfied with this, and report it to be little or no hassle.

We are heading to FLL from the north, so now, any suggestions of a good place to stay an hour or so North the Sunday prior to our cruise?

Toad, why an hour outside of FLL, we're staying in Coral Springs before our December 21 cruise at a Courtyard Marriott. About 14 miles from the port but still out of the high end hotels. Great Italian restaurant in Pompano Beach a short distance away, I mean GREAT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If cost is a consideration, staying outside of Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties will be a bit cheaper. Might be a little more than an hour from the port, but easily manageable.

We are staying at Hyatt Place 17th St Convention Center. Nice hotel, 10 min to the pier . Next to shopping & restaurants. We booked the room for 11/23 directly for $124

Edited by LindaSSF

• 2 weeks later...

On the Noordam cruise Nov 3-13, we went out of Pier 26 (I believe) but yesterday we docked at Pier 19. The Liberty of the Seas was at the Pier we had gone out of on the 3rd. There were only two ships in yesterday. Maybe the decision is made on the number of ships in port.

We used Parkn Go a couple of years ago and very pleased with the services. In fact one of the passengers had left several items in their safe on board ship and Park n Gomattendents were very helpful. Not sure if they got the left aboard items though

I have used Park-n-Go twice with great results. They park the car, and take you and luggage right to the ship. On return, they are always circling the disembarkation areas. Never waited longer than 5 minutes. They are on Eller, just at the edge of the Port.

Joe

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just got back from a cruise out of Ft Lauderdale, and we used Park N Fly. We pre-paid for $7.95 a day, we got a covered spot, the shuttle took about 20 minutes to drop off all of the passengers at the various ships. Coming back, the we called the shuttle once outside the terminal, and they were there in 10 minutes. It couldn't have been easier. We saw a lot of the park and go shuttles there too.

FL cruise port is so big, and if you park at a lot near your deportation pier, it's no guarantee that you will be anywhere near there when you return. We came back to a different pier.

FL cruise port is so big, and if you park at a lot near your deportation pier, it's no guarantee that you will be anywhere near there when you return. We came back to a different pier.
We once left from 29 and returned to 26. That time we parked in the mid-port garage and there was a free shuttle running down to 29. Of course if you use ParkNGo or ParkNFly you don't care what piers are used.

I'm not a driver. :eek:

Got my license in 1974 and then made a decision to never get behind a wheel. I hate it! A motorbike is fine. Yeah.... 50cc in Bermuda 20 mph..:)

Just a thought... if you drive to Lauderdale.... from how far are you travelling from you home into Lauderdale. More than 12 hours you would be better flying! If you are less than 12 hours.... why not just rent a car and drop at the ship. A cruise later... pick up another rent a car. Must be cheaper... and safer than driving ydou own card and leaving in Lauderdale. Yes?

Just a thought!

Driving from Ohio to FLL and we find it cheaper to drive plus we are retired so we plan to stop along the way. Plan to stay in Coral Springs and park at Park and Go, already have our reservations. We have stayed near the port before and parked inside at the Pier 26 garage but trying something different this time. Plus we must have dinner at Gianni's in Pompano the evening prior!

Must be cheaper... and safer than driving your own card and leaving in Lauderdale. Yes?
No. With your own car you pay just gasoline, possibly tolls, and $15 (tops) parking per day while you're cruising. With a rental you're paying the same gas/tolls, plus about $60-$70/day rental, plus a drop-off charge ... twice. Just those drop-off charges could exceed the parking of your own car. Last year we wanted to rent a car in downtown Anaheim and drop it at the airport about 20 miles away. The drop-off charge would have been $100! :eek: Edited by jtl513

I dont fly so we drive from southwestern Ontario. A bit of a jaunt but we are heading towards the warmth so its all good! Drive home is never quite as exciting. We park at the pier as we self disembark and hit the road home asap

Edited by Mar56

Coming anywhere in the world I have to get from Bermuda by air... mostly by sometimes by ship.... but the car thing is not an option from mid-Atlantic.

To get Bermuda to Miami.... Bermuda to New York to Boston to Miami!!!!!

That actually works well. Business/First by 11 hours (all comfortable) is cheaper than economy by direct to Miami.

How about this one... tried to do Bermuda to Lauderdale... this avoids the taxi from MIA to Lauderdale... the flight was Bermuda to Miami to Atlanta to Lauderdale.... about 13 hours. Return flight.... Lauderdale to Atlanta to Miami to Bermuda.... 27 hours.!!!!

Well, the price is good and a comfortable... even long is just fine. It works for ORBITZ!