Interior Deck 1 Fwd Tell me your experiences

We switched from our usual deck 7 aft room to save $500 x2 rooms. $1000 was too much to pass up! However, we already have new rooms assigned and they are deck 1 ALL the way forward. Can you guys tell me your experiences with this location? Good, bad, neutral. My DW really would like to hear all comments.

We are not upset. We do not spend a lot of time and the room and know that we will have a blast no matter what. We are just curious what to expect.

Thanks guys!

Matt and Aubry

Edited by MinnesotaCruiser423

may hear the ships noises a little more than normal and may get a touch more motion but other than that it will be fine. We usually book deck 1 mid ship preferred but have sailed inside forward as well as port hole forward and have been happy! One really good perk is 1 flight of stairs down to the gangway.

My first cruise was as far forward as you could get, and Riviera Deck. A porthole cabin.

I thought it was great location! A wee bit noisy early mornings in port, but sure worth the money at the time.

Fast forward 6 years and my cruise later this month is a porthole on Riviera Deck again! LOL

We have had midship balcony, aft balcony, forward balcony, aft oceanview and Lido Deck inside.

I'm more cost conscious now, and we spend little time except for sleeping and showering in our cabin. For our money we are good with an ocean view at interior pricing!

Bravo to you for getting that savings! I think you will be fine at the lower forward level.

We, too, have had Riviera Deck porthole rooms, all the way at the front. We LOVED them. Granted, docking and BIG WAVES (if the seas are very rough), made lots of extra noise. But I can handle extra noise if it means extra money in my pocket ;-)

I have had a forward porthole room on deck two. I think it would be about the same with regard to noise, and motion. I had no problem with that room and have booked another of those rooms for my 2015 cruise.

There is noise while docking, but it is short, also the waves hitting the bow noise; if I know what the noise is then it is not a problem. I actually slept like a baby on that cruise, and the motion was only a gentle rocking, though it was a calm southern Caribbean sea cruise.

I have been further back from front on Riviera deck and like that room also, and as another poster said; when you debark in ports, just one deck down to get off, and getting back on, just one deck up.

I would have no problem with booking an inside on riviera deck forward.