Planning first Alaskan Cruise

KPAGE

Glacier Bay, Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway or Sitka. These are your basic ports. If you go all the way to Anchorage I would add Seward and Denali. The more you know before you go the more you will enjoy your trip. Two books: Alaska by Cruise Ship by Anne Vipond and The Alaska Cruise Handbook by Joe Upton would be very helpful as you plan your adventure.

We are booked on a Celebrity Cruisetour for June 2015. Celebrity wasn't one of the initial cruise lines I was considering but liked their land and sea itinerary the best. They stay at Aleyska in Girdwood that I really wanted to see. Sleep in the same hotel for 2 nights in Denali, which was important. And, the cruise itself goes to 4 ports instead of 3. Want to do the whale tour at Icy Strait Point so that I can free up Juneau to do other things.

If you book a cruise that does not visit Glacier Bay (or even if you book a cruise that does) you can book a Glacier Bay flightseeing excursion at any of the nearby ports and get to see much more of Glacier Bay that way than what you can see from a cruise ship.

Been on 5 Caribbean cruises (all with RC). Planning our first Alaskan cruise in June. Which ports are MUST SEE??? Thanks!!

My recent Inside Passage cruise called at Glacier Bay, Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway and I made these, if it's any help or interest with your planning. All the best, Tony

[YOUTUBE]hLutZrgzE6I[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]Yq9hXgdj_J8[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]KV1XSxkNCl4[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]GOMA2HeTGJw[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]3WSaRzt5N0Q[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]aFpz4AHOcUs[/YOUTUBE]

My recent Inside Passage cruise called at Glacier Bay, Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway and I made these, if it's any help or interest with your planning. All the best, Tony

hLutZrgzE6I Yq9hXgdj_J8 KV1XSxkNCl4 GOMA2HeTGJw 3WSaRzt5N0Q aFpz4AHOcUs

We are going on an Alaskan cruise in June for the first time. Really enjoyed your videos!

We are going on an Alaskan cruise in June for the first time. Really enjoyed your videos!

Thanks (and to Lisa too), you will have a wonderful time, I'm sure. Our cruise was out of Vancouver, where we did this sort of thing. The fireworks shows seem to start on the last Saturday of July and finish on the first one in August so no good for you :mad: but maybe for others.

[YOUTUBE]a-u1IcJ6VtM[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]typQucY7Yx4[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]CgeIzEewMhM[/YOUTUBE]