Need Help Deciding on UDP

Staci0615

Going on the Sun for New Years, celebrating 20th wedding anniversary. Have Cruised NCL before I am currently Gold. Usually Complimentary Dining areas are fine with a splurge of one night in a Specialty Restaurant. Should we just splurge and purchase the UDP? Anyone who has bought it, can you give me the pros and cons?

Edited by Staci0615

Going on the Sun for New Years, celebrating 20th wedding anniversary. Have Cruised NCL before I am currently Gold. Usually Complimentary Dining areas are fine with a splurge of one night in a Specialty Restaurant. Should we just splurge and purchase the UDP? Anyone who has bought it, can you give me the pros and cons?

Loved the UDP and have purchased it for next cruise. Congrats on your upcoming anniversary:)

On our last trip on the Dawn my friend and I decided to try most of the specialty restaurants just because our first night in the main dining room was just so-so on food and service. We found the food was so much better than the main dining room or Aqua that we bought the full package this time and know we will save money.

But as one other poster stated, if you are happy with the free options and only want one night to stand out it is not worth it for you.

I am taking the package for my upcoming cruise in January on the STAR.

We love the specialty restaurants and dine there the majority of the time on our cruises, so the package makes perfect sense for us.

We love the variety of types of food offered and like to try the different items on the menus.

Each one is really special in some way! :)

It is one of my favorite reasons for cruising with NCL.

Don