The GRANDE Restaurant Questions

On my Quantum Dec1 cruise planner:

"WHAT TO WEAR

Cocktail dresses, gowns or dressy pantsuits are appropriate for women.

A jacket is required for men, along with pants (with no holes, rips or tears) and a sports shirt (must have sleeves) or sweater.

Swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurants or specialty restaurants at any time."

A real-life review of The Grande from Peewee14 currently on Quantum on his thread is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2123468&page=6ad is here:

Just off the ship this morning...

If you didnt wear a jacket to the Grande, I saw them giving men jackets to borrow for the evening at the door. So it is 'enforced' to get into the door

This is a topic I'll be following before packing for our March 1 cruise. No point in bringing the suit and formal dress if no one else in Grande is wearing it. This is a place where they should enforce the dress code, or what is the point of having a special restaurant for formal attire?

I plan to bring my formal clothes anyway. This is a formal restaurant, so people in the Grande dressing casually won't stop me from enjoying the chance to dress up.

Since Royal annouced DD and described the venues I can't believe how many times this question has been asked. The Grande is intended for formal dress...everyone should know what is expected. It isn't hard to comprehend but of course some have to push it to the limit. Such a shame that the staff have to be challenged with inconsiderate passengers.