Breeze or Sunshine?

Christine in MO

Same Eastern Itinerary. Just my husband & myself for our 20th wedding anniversary. Opinions on which ship is better? Breeze or Sunshine?

Haven't been on Sunshine, but based on my experience on Breeze and seeing the way Sunshine is laid out I would say Breeze 10000%

For your 20th, go with the bigger, newer, nicer ship: The Breeze. The Sunshine is almost as old as your marriage!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

And why? This is our 4th cruise. The 2 of us (age 30's), my parents (late 50's) and 2 kids (8 & 3). Not big drinkers. Oldest child usually gets seasick 1 or 2 nights (at least she did on the legend and dream)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are going on the Sunshine at Christmas, so consider that I have not been on both yet. It will take a lot to change my mind though. I am sure you all will enjoy the Breeze. It is a great ship, with plenty for everyone in your group. I would recommend the Breeze.

That's a tough one, we've been on the Breeze twice, it's seriously awesome! My wife and I were like, this is Carnival? (We've been on 13 Carnival cruises so we had gotten used to a certain aesthetic and amenities. However, the Breeze blew all the other ships away.

All that said, we both would really like to try the Sunshine, the water slides look awesome and it has even more restaurants. We found that in the Breeze we hardly ate in the dining room due to all the other choices. It was fun as it mixed up the nights.

We too are not big drinkers and found that there was more to do on the Breeze than on the other ships we've sailed on.

I've done 'em both, and without a doubt, the Breeze is the preferred ship for me. If for no other reason, the basic design of the Sunshine makes it feel LOTS more crowded, and congested. Just not my "cup of tea" when other far more desirable options are available.

"SKY"