Are there any X ships that have solo cabins?

sail2sea

Does anyone know the best way to check for solo prices?

I don't believe that Celebrity has single cabins. From what I have seen, their single prices are 200% of the per person charge.

If you go to the X website, and look at the cruise you are interested in, if you put one person in the reservation, you will see the actual price.

Here's a great link for info for solo cruisers:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=419&ecid=GSEM__cat:cruise+lines&gclid=CKPu4sPF4sECFUUV7Aod8jsAng

Edited by DinaS

Just assume that a solo cruiser is going to pay double the base cruise fare as a single supplement. (ESPECIALLY if you book early, but at least you WON'T pay double on the taxes) :o

If you wait to book until after final payment, you MIGHT on occasion, pay only 175% or even only 150% as a single supplement. (this USUALLY happens on the "Tuesday Specials") ;)

Edited by teecee60

Question = Are there any X ships that have solo cabins?

Answer = Not yet ;)

Unfortunately for now you'll have to put up with the single supplement which for the most part is twice the cruise fare (but only taxes & fees & Daily Grats for one)

Mind you, Celebrity will give you as a Single Traveller double Captain's Club Points for the Cabin Category when you pay full fare

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/membership/captains-club-overview

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Good question and indicative of a growing trend for appropriate accommodation requirement in the future.

Cunard's Queen Elizabeth's just completed refurbishment includes many new solo cabins. There is a wait list for them.

After sailing only with Celebrity, recently had 2 voyages with Cunard. Excellent experience with 2 more booked.

Take a look at the solo cabins on QE.

Regards

ABoatNerd

NCL pioneered the solo cabin I'd say, but they have reduced the number on subsequent builds.

Does anyone know how many Cunard added to their ship (I think it was just a single ship) I feel like its only a dozen or so cabins.

I keep saying to those who claim X has cut staff, why hasn't X converted some of that space that used to be occupied by the cut staff into solo cabins....and generate some revenue.

I've seen solo deals on X, but usually very last minute and never well in advance of sailing date. Most recently the TPAC on Century I think it was, in September, had some great deals, I think it was only 125% - and the PH was still open when I saw those fares...! Empty Cabins booked very quickly during that short period.

We cruised on NCL's Breakaway last October. On our CC cabin crawl, one of our group stayed in a solo room. It's small, but he was happy with it. There was even a lounge area with snacks for all of the solo travelers to mingle about.:)

Maryann