Please help me decide..what would you do?

Biz64

I'm not a big CCL fan because we like RCL so much more; however, since you have your kids with you, I agree with everyone who says to go with the Breeze and save the 2000 for another cruise. That's alot of money. My DH and I went on the OOS last year and stayed in an oceanview balcony for less than 2000 for both us with all fees and gratuities included! OOS, like AOS is a fabulous ship, but we like the Freedom class size of ship much better.

Have fun...your kids are fortunate to get to go on such a nice vacation!

Did you look at other balcony cabin categories, such as boardwalk balcony? They are often less than the regular oceanviews on Oasis & Allure. We have been on them twice & boardwalk balcony cabins as far aft as possible have a great view of boardwalk activities, Aquatheater activities & the water! Our girls absolutely love all the activities on these ships. (Went when they were 7&5, and10 &8 ). Plus they have an amazing kids club program where the kids rotate from room to room for activities. Our kids were begging to go!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Ive only sailed on royal so this is my take..Oasis and allure are fantastic,Weve had the time of our lives with an 11 and 7 yr old.

I think the things to consider

Are both these ships comprible to each other or is it apples to oranges.You pay more for what you get in MOST cases.Ive sailed on ships on royal that dont compare in the slightest to the oasis class.But if the rooms are comprible and the ship itself has the same offerings then its a no brainer.But I have a gut feeling there has to be some major differences here.

As much as I love Oasis and am a huge cheerleader for Oasis Class ships, for $2000 difference, I would take the Princess cruise and put the $2000 difference toward the children's college funds or save toward another cruise.

Oasis Class ships are amazing, but I don't know if they are $2000 more amazing.

Very good suggestion.

Hey limoguy. Don't be running back to the Carnival boards to tell your friends we were talking nice about Carnival ship over here on the Royal boards. We have a reputation to maintain don't you know. :D

Hey! CCL did not get to be the largest cruise line in the world just laying around...:p hehe

But seriously, both ships have lotsa cool stuff

Edited by limoguy1

• 2 weeks later...

We are planning to celebrate my dh's 30th birthday and our 5 year anniversary (which happen to fall in the same week in June) and we are torn between the oasis and the breeze. We would be going with our 2 and almost 4 year old. All of our cruises and memories have been made on royal caribbean since we were dating. But we were hoping to visit some new ports of call and the breeze 8 night is much cheaper and we would get to see 3 ports that we have not been to yet. I don't know what we will do bc we do love the oasis class ship! Oh and I didnt mention I plan to be pregnant when we cruise....something I have never done before! So food will probably be more important and cocktails not so much!

At that big a difference I'd probably take the Breeze too. I'd love to sail on the Oasis someday and you hear great things about it, but 2k is nothing to sneer at. It's been long enough since you've cruised - and your kids have never cruised - that you'll probably have a blast no matter what ship you travel on.

I'm wrestling with the same sort of decision for our next trip because we'll probably be taking both of ours for the first time.

Hey limoguy. Don't be running back to the Carnival boards to tell your friends we were talking nice about Carnival ship over here on the Royal boards. We have a reputation to maintain don't you know. :D

LOL! I love this comment.

Seriously though, I'm weird enough that it makes me happy to see such a thread. I've seen a few of them over at the Carnival board too. It gives me hope for CC!