Day room at Orlando airport post disney cruise

sat24

Hi

Our flight isnt until 4:30pm and cruise is done by 7:30am. Looking f9r day room options at the Orlando airport. The Hyatt at theairport charges $99 for this, looking for other member recommendations for cheaper alternatives.

Thanks!

Hi

Our flight isnt until 4:30pm and cruise is done by 7:30am. Looking f9r day room options at the Orlando airport. The Hyatt at theairport charges $99 for this, looking for other member recommendations for cheaper alternatives.

Thanks!

In reality, you most likely will not be getting off the ship at 7:30. For most cruises that's when, typically, the ship is cleared for debarkation, but can be later. You can stay onboard pretty much til around 9:00, when the crew members start "encouraging" you toward the door. With transportation to the airport taking about an hour, you could be arriving at MCO around 10:00 (more like 10:30-10:45). And, I'll point out that security at MCO can be brutal on occasion (sometimes up to 2 hours), so I'd allow plenty of time for that. So you're looking at getting a room for something in the neighborhood of 3-4 hours?

If you get a day room off site, you'll have to allow for transportation time.

There's lot's of things (shops, restaurants, etc) at MCO to occupy your time without the expense of a hotel.

In reality, you most likely will not be getting off the ship at 7:30. For most cruises that's when, typically, the ship is cleared for debarkation, but can be later. You can stay onboard pretty much til around 9:00, when the crew members start "encouraging" you toward the door. With transportation to the airport taking about an hour, you could be arriving at MCO around 10:00 (more like 10:30-10:45). And, I'll point out that security at MCO can be brutal on occasion (sometimes up to 2 hours), so I'd allow plenty of time for that. So you're looking at getting a room for something in the neighborhood of 3-4 hours?

If you get a day room off site, you'll have to allow for transportation time.

There's lot's of things (shops, restaurants, etc) at MCO to occupy your time without the expense of a hotel.

That's great advice actually - i will research what things we can do in MCO to fill our time until the flight. It's good to know we have some time flexibility when unboarding the ship...

What Shmoo Here said is true.

We just got back Sunday on Freedom of the Seas. We got in late because of wind and debarked an hour late. We got to the airport at about 11:45 for a 4:05 flight. We looked at shops, got through security, then had a nice sit down lunch (vs fast food.) Then only had about an hour to kill which we did catching up on email etc.

Glad I didn't have to worry about possibly missing the plane.

We were on Enchantment a few weeks ago and had an 8pm flight out of MCO. We rented a car from Hertz at Port Canaveral and headed to Downtown Disney for the day. We self disembarked, hopped on the Hertz shuttle, got in the rental car and were in DD before most of the shops opened at 10am. We had breakfast, shopped, had lunch, shopped some more, took the boat across the lake and just checked out the area and had a nice time. You could do a lot there and still make a late afternoon flight with a rental car.