Help!! My nails are a mess.... Any advice????

kc320

Well I've been trying the calcium supplements and the Sally Hansen hard as nails. My nails are a little better but not really strong yet. Think I am going to have to break down & just get the nail envy. Vitiaman E oil? Do you just break open the vitamin capsules or do they sell this somewhere?

jessie, is the sugar free jello ok? Trying to lose weight too & watch the carbs, sugar free jello has been a life saver for me when it comes to sweets.

Sugar free jello is fine. I only eat sugar free cause I"m trying to lose as well. I love Jello, so the fact that it helps my nails is just like an added bonus. I don't know what it is about Jello that helps nails, but mine are growing like crazy. Best of luck with the weight loss.

About the vitamin E oil, you could break open the capsules, but I bought a small jar of Vitamin E Oil that I use. It is about the same size as a bottle of nail polish (maybe a little larger). It also keeps your cuticles soft and if you put it on a healing cut, it will reduce or remove the scar in what seems to be a shorter amount of time.

=Vitiaman E oil? Do you just break open the vitamin capsules or do they sell this somewhere?

I don't know where we got our vitamin E oil. Mom bought it and I have been using hers. I think we got it at like WalMart or Target in the 'beauty supply' section.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with Jessi. I was on the Low Carb diet and I was eating Sugar Free, Fat Free Jello almost every day and my nails just grew and grew and grew. I have never had such nice nails and STRONG! I got a French Manicure and it looked great plus you get the good "scratch" with your real nails, not like the fake nails.:p

I guess I just have stubborn nails! I have been eating the jello, taking my vitamins & keeping my nails polished. They just start to get to a decent lenght and then tear way back at the quick. Maybe it just takes time, good thing I like jello!:)

I have the same problem of peeling, splitting tearin nails I can grow the pinkie nails or the thumb nails longer usually but all the others break when they get about 1/4 of an inch long from the nail bed, not even past the end of my finger. What I have been using with great sucess is Sally Hansen's Hard as Wraps hard as nails formula. I picked mine up at k-mart but probably wally world has it too. It gives a thicker but flexible covering to the nails. The only other time I got them to the lenght they are now was when I was putting silk wraps on them. The bummer with wraps or artificial nails over mine is when I am done, they are even thinner than when I started. I am having great luck with this. I also have use and would recommend the Opi hard as nails I think it has a green label on it. Good luck and keep us posted. I want nice nails for my cruise in Novemeber too.

Margot

Ditto on the OPI Nail Envy. Worth the investment. As far as eating Jello goes, you are better off buying the gelatin capsules (GNC) and take one a day. Much more concentrated. Don't forget to wear rubber gloves for all cleaning, washing dishes, etc. The less time your nails spend in water the better. Not a fan of wraps. Friend of mine got an infection underneath one and they had to remove the nail. Yuck!

Archived