False Advertising of Category E Balcony Cabins

Dave85

[quote name='dani negreanu'][COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="3"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Something I don't understand -- Isn't E1 supposed to be more expensive than all the D balcony categories (except D1 which is the same price as E1) :confused:

D7 & D8 are the cheapest balconies ....[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

On some sailings that have been open for booking for a while I've noticed E1s becoming more expensive than Ds based on supply and demand and whatever algorithms RCI uses. However, the previous poster is correct that the E1s start out as less expensive than the D8s. That was definitely the case when I booked my Anthem cruise on opening day.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app Edited by Dave85

[quote name='TeriNick']
I'm really fed up with RCCL today.[/QUOTE]

To tell you that they don't know, and can't find out, what will be in a cabin that is currently being produced / installed as I type this is absolutely asinine. Companies do not get away with materially false advertising in the US, and I'm quite confused as to why RCI seems to think they are the exception. Incompetence? Hubris? Bad legal advice? Take your pick.

If they thumb their collective nose at me as they did you I will very seriously consider canceling my Anthem cruise and booking the Norwegian Escape inaugural instead. Of course, my sailing is still 11+ months out so I will give my TA the opportunity to get this sorted out first.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app Edited by Dave85

I emailed RCI customer service on 11/14/14 about E1 and received the following reply today:

...We appreciate your concern. Our Deluxe Ocean View Staterooms with Balconies (category E1) on our Quantum-class ships currently include a sofa or loveseat. We apologize for any confusion you may have experienced...:confused:

[quote name='inna61']I emailed RCI customer service on 11/14/14 about E1 and received the following reply today:

...We appreciate your concern. Our Deluxe Ocean View Staterooms with Balconies (category E1) on our Quantum-class ships currently include a sofa or loveseat. We apologize for any confusion you may have experienced...:confused:[/QUOTE]

*sigh*

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

[quote name='inna61']I emailed RCI customer service on 11/14/14 about E1 and received the following reply today:

...We appreciate your concern. Our Deluxe Ocean View Staterooms with Balconies (category E1) on our Quantum-class ships currently include a sofa or loveseat. We apologize for any confusion you may have experienced...:confused:[/QUOTE]

Brilliant!

• 2 weeks later...
Just off today. Was in 6658 - E1. No sofa or loveseat, but had a chair at the desk and another by the oval window next to the balcony door. We actually really liked the room. We heard other cruisers complain of the tight aisle between the end of the bed and the wall that they had in a standard balcony cabin, but we did not have that issue.

I ended up cancelling my E1 reservation for Anthem when I was on the 3 night Quantum. Rebooked a DO for $100 less and ended up getting extra $100 balcony discount, because I became diamond since I originally booked, and received $200 OBC for booking on the ship. I also transferred the reservation to a TA and received an additional $300 OBC so I feel like I came out way ahead. With the OBC and additional discounts I feel like I saved $700.