Leaving Summit after boarding

tryptaker

I am on the summit tomorrow with 830 sailing out of PR. If I check in at 1, can I leave the ship and return? Any idea what time I would have to be back onboard?
Yes, you may leave the ship, come and go as you wish throughout the day after checking in.

The muster drill is usually at 7:45 so they would want you back before then. But just ask when you are leaving the ship and they will tell you what time they want you back.

The only problem is that the Summit docks at the Pan American pier, which is across the bay from Old San Juan, so it requires making extra trips back and forth around the bay if you check in early and then head back to Old San Juan.

Some people like to store their luggage at their hotel, or at the Barrachina restaurant in Old San Juan while they are sightseeing before heading out to board the ship. That way they only need to make the one trip out to the ship.

FLECKLE is right... You can check in / board & go. Muster Drill Time will be known by the Crew in advance (and the Ship also makes ongoing announcements during the afternoon)... When we cruised the Southern Caribbean on The Summit last year, it was indeed 7:45 PM

You'll want to be back on board well ahead of that (as I recall there will be an All Aboard Time which is also well published / posted at the Gangway)

Going to and from the PanAmerica Pier is indeed an inconvenience... Albeit a small one. Lots of Pax do it to be rid of their Luggage, go thru the Check In Process early, and spend several hours then exploring Old San Juan... So you won't be alone in this plan.

San Juan Taxis operate on a Zone System & Fixed Rate System... So no surprises... And not very expensive either IMO

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/getting-around-by-taxi/

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Personally,