How much is a taxi from the Money Bar to downtown?

Cafabi

I want to snorkel at the Money Bar, then head downtown for some shopping before going back to Puerta Maya. I've seen cab fares to and from Puerta Maya, but how much is it from the Money Bar to downtown (plaza) in US dollars? I have seen signs that lead me to believe these are in different "zones," so I don't want to just hazard a guess (or rely on the driver's asking price.) Thanks!

Should be $10-12 - it is always a good idea to confirm the fare with the driver BEFORE you get into the cab. You can also check with one of the waiters at the Money Bar for the approximate fare.

Thanks, good suggestion to ask the waiters.

you can check rates of taxi in puerta maya web

the fee is for both routes. Example: Puerta Maya - Money Bar = Money Bar = Puerta Maya

before you get in a taxi ask exchange rate USD = MXP

remember price are in MXP and are for taxi not for person

Thanks. I am looking for the fare between the Money Bar and the plaza. I have not seen an "official" rate anywhere, and it seems to be based on zones as well as distance.

Thanks. I am looking for the fare between the Money Bar and the plaza. I have not seen an "official" rate anywhere, and it seems to be based on zones as well as distance.

Here are the rates from Punta Langosta to Money Bar which will be the same in reverse

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/Taxilangosta?From=Taxiczm

There are also links to fares to/from Puerta Maya and downtown rates off tourist zone of Melgar in pesos. From a combination you should be able to make a good guesstimate of any routes you want to take.

Always check and confirm rate with driver before you set off.

Edited by c-leg5