Cruising Companion

Redrider2

Lets face it. Its difficult for us older singles to find a compatible cruise mate.It is outside the comfort zone of those who never traveled as children or when married. Fear of unknown. The costs scare some. Then we get to choices. Carnival or Celebrity? Suite or Inside?I have conversed with Senior Females who will only do an Outside cabin. Me, I could never do CCL. Once enough.I have met onboard some great ladies on a site offering Cruise sharing. I am currently booked on Oceania WC, 2 segments with another lady found on this site. We seem compatible and just made our final payments.Not for everyone. but it enables both of us to see the world without paying double.

My wife and I cruise between 4-6 times a year. Sometimes we meet single cruisers and we tell ourselves that must be tough because we enjoy cruising together so much. But the single cruisers we've encountered all seemed to be having fun.

Overcoming the cost issue for a single cruiser can be a challenge, so I understand the interest in a cruise buddy. Many of our relatives and friends can not afford to cruise as often as we do or do not share our passion for cruising. I am not sure what I or my wife would do if either of us is alone one day.

I have no guidance to offer, just wanted to say I empathize with single cruisers and wish them the best.

As a single and retired I make it a point to check what sales are out there. I have found a number of last minute no supplement deals.

Booked Carnival Triumph yesterday - B2B Feb 9 (11 days) & Feb 20 (10 days) for $860. That's 21 days @ $41 per day.

To be honest I would pay double just for the luxury of cruising single.

As a single and retired I make it a point to check what sales are out there. I have found a number of last minute no supplement deals. Booked Carnival Triumph yesterday - B2B Feb 9 (11 days) & Feb 20 (10 days) for $860. That's 21 days @ $41 per day.

Wow, that's fantastic! Good for you! I hope your cruises are great - I know they will be.

Im very much looking forward to the 2 holidays I'm having next year on my own because although I was recently part of a large family group on holiday I spent much of it alone because we all wanted different things out of the cruise and it was great.

I have no qualms whatsoever about cruising alone but I am off to check out the sites mentioned for those looking for a cruise companion.