Sailing Solo with ES

sharonh1885

Does anyone get any kind of price reductions when sailing solo? Thinking of doing a southern Caribbean cruise next fall solo but don't want to book ES if there is no chance of getting price reductions. Think I might try an gty cabin for the first time and see what I get as a platinum member.

I was booked to go five days in September of this year to Canada. I booked an inside port hole cabin for myself as a solo. Out of the blue in April I received an email about a special which I would have been a fool to resist it as 8 days to the Caribbean with a balcony and it ended up costing me less than what the five day inside room cost. Myself, I am holding off until next year to see if they bring back any specials.

I booked 2 cruises as a solo, really cheap price back in the spring with early saver for December.

Last week, there was a special, where I received $50 OBC on one of the cruises, which makes the 6-day cruise $268.

You have up to 48 hours before sailing to check the price and if it's lower than what you paid for in your category, you will get OBC, if your cruise is paid in full.

Good luck with your decision

Yes, it works the same whether you are booked as a single or double. In May I booked a December 2014 cruise as a solo on the Magic using Early Saver. Was originally $1681 for an 8B (deck 6 balcony midship) for cruise fare. I have received 4 price drops, 3 before final payment and one after, and have upgraded to an 8D balcony (deck 8 balcony midship) for $1328 cruise fare.

Edited by jeffinhouston

Last December I booked the 8 day leaving Black Friday on the Liberty for what I thought was a good solo rate at the end of this month. The price for my 1A on deck 8 was 878.

I now am sitting with 442 dollars in onboard credit with an outside chance of getting more before sail date.

If I sail solo that isn't last second (and I'll probably put this to the test next March/April) I'll do the same. I didn't see the rate start to drop until about 60 days out, but when the rates did, they fell like a rock. The onboard credit for me is going to go a long way.

Wait for promotions, Carnival does them often. That's the only way I cruise. Frankly Carnival in my opinion is the best for solos on the budget, who do not want to pay double. Not only are the cheapest in general but with no single supplement, its the best choice, at least for me.

Wait for promotions, Carnival does them often. That's the only way I cruise. Frankly Carnival in my opinion is the best for solos on the budget, who do not want to pay double. Not only are the cheapest in general but with no single supplement, its the best choice, at least for me.

I get V to G sent to me. For quite some time, the no supplement or reduced supplement has been basically absent. This week, they are starting to show up, though they are listing for sailing in less than 90 days. But at least they are showing up again:)

I done 2 solos with a b2b booked next year. All were booked ES. The b2b hasn't had and drops yet but, it's still over a year til I sail. The prior two were both 7 night Western Caribbeans. The first I ended up with about $350 OBC due to drops. The second, I had around $600 OBC from drops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get V to G sent to me. For quite some time, the no supplement or reduced supplement has been basically absent. This week, they are starting to show up, though they are listing for sailing in less than 90 days. But at least they are showing up again:)

What is V to G?

I booked the Glory for next week in june with a price I was willing to pay. I could have lowered to an inside with no supplement, but I had a 4j and wanted to try that. Anout a month ago a balcony sail popped up and I jumped on it and now am in 8201 for a hundred bucks more and have 300 obc from price drops. the supplement is still there but 100 a day is still a good value to me. So either wait until the end to book or book early saver with a price you are ok with paying. Would I rather pay 350 for the cabin... aure but I get it to myself and get to have fun... the value is still great.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app