Minimum age requirement to cruise

kmc86

I read somewhere that anyone under age 25 must be accompanied by an adult to be booked on a cruise. Does this hold true for active military also? I know many hotels and resorts wave this requirement for those in military. My daughter and son in law are both 22 and want to take a belated honeymoon when he returns from deployment. Anyone have any info before they call NCL? thanks....

I read somewhere that anyone under age 25 must be accompanied by an adult to be booked on a cruise. Does this hold true for active military also? I know many hotels and resorts wave this requirement for those in military. My daughter and son in law are both 22 and want to take a belated honeymoon when he returns from deployment. Anyone have any info before they call NCL? thanks....

The age on Norwegian is 21, not 25. I have seen some cruise lines with the 25 year old minimum.

http://www.ncl.com/faq#age-requirements

There's the link to the website where it talks about age requirements.

Edited by Got Tequila?

If the rule is 25 . The only except to the age rule is if the passengers are married.

Straight from the horse's mouth (NCL's FAQs):

What are Norwegian Cruise Line's Age Requirements?

All facts stated below apply at the time of embarkation.

Infants sailing onboard a Norwegian vessel must be at least six months of age at time of sailing. However, for voyages that have 3 or more consecutive days at sea, the infant must be at least 12 months old at time of sailing.

A minor is defined as an individual under 18 years of age at the time of embarkation.

A young adult is defined as an individual between the ages of 18 and 20.

Company policy dictates that a passenger under 21 years of age must be accompanied in the same or connecting stateroom by a passenger 21 years of age or older at the time of embarkation.

For passengers under the age of 18 traveling with an accompanying adult, who is not the minor's parent or legal guardian, a PARENT/GUARDIAN CONSENT RELEASE FORM (PDF) that authorizes the minor's travel and further authorizes medical treatment in case of an emergency must be delivered to a Norwegian representative at the pier during check-in. Failure to produce this letter at embarkation may result in boarding being denied, with no refund of cruise fare provided.

Note: Two people under the age of 21 may travel together in the same stateroom if they are a married couple and provide proof of marriage to a Norwegian representative at the pier before embarkation.

You might be thinking of Carnival. They have an odd rule that many people misunderstand. To sail on Carnival, persons under the age of 21 must be accompanied by someone age 25 or over. This is what people misunderstand. They hear age 25 and think that anyone under age 25 must have someone age 25 or older in the cabin but that is not the case. It's only for those under 21.