Formal Night on RCL Sovereign Of The Seas

Going on the Sovereign Of The Seas next weekend (6/11) 3 night Bahamas cruise.

Would like to know the opinion of others regarding formal night. We are doing this trip as a quick weekend getaway, and do not want to dress up.

We will be brining slacks and button down dress shirts for dinner - thats all. I can bring a tie if necessary.

Is that enough for the formal night on this ship? Or, do you suggest us going to the Windjammer Cafe that night?

Have a great day!

Robert

Carnival Fantasy - 01/96

RCL Sovereign of the Seas - 10/00

Celebrity Mercury - 06/01

RCL Sovereign of the Seas - 06/04

RCL Mariner of the Sears - 09/04

Hi Roberticon_smile.gif

I sailed the Soveriegn last summer for a 3 nighter...I saw all kinds of dress for the one "dressy evening"...personally, I would not call it formal night.

A dress shirt and tie should be fine. I would suggest a sportcoat (just my opinion). I wore a an "Oriental Style" pants suit for the dressy night..black slacks, with a red and black tunic that had a mandarin collar. The other 2 nights I wore a sundress and skirt and blouse.

In my opinion, the atmosphere is one of the most casual I have encountered.

And I tried the Windjammer once or twice in throughout the cruise and was very disappointed. Hope I don't get flamed for that comment icon_wink.gifJust my opinion. Maybe its gotten better since last year, I don't know, but it was more like "Golden Corral" to me.

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

I agree with Lois--wear the tie and probably a jacket. We sailed 3 back-to-backs over the holidays in 2002 when our daughter was working on the ship as an entertainer and people did dress up (a fair amount of tuxedos and dark suits) but this was holiday season, so a bit more formal than the summer cruises. The dining room decor was a bit dated (perhaps it has be redecorated by now) but the staff was wonderful! Enjoy your cruise!! icon_smile.gif

I was just on this cruise and pretty much saw everyone in a tie on formal night. If no tie then they had a sport coat on.

Kim

Dawn Princess

Regal Princess

Grand Princess

Mercury - Celebrity

Windward - NCL

Monarch of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

Sovereign of the Seas

Probably too late here- the Sovereign wasn't much in dress, food or anything else, IMO. We love RCCL, just won't recommend this ship. Agree with Lois on the buffet; dining room was the second worse of any cruise so far, only surpassed by the Sensation.

Grandeur 6/98

Sovereign 3/00

Jubilee 1/02

Voyager6/02

Navigator 1/03

Sensation 4/03

Enchantment 9/03

Mariner 1/04

Hi Lindaicon_smile.gif wow, you are only the 2nd person who has agreed with me on that point. Now, I haven't sailed her in a year...but I have no desire to go back.

Maybe they have upgraded that particular Windjammer...but it was quite...to use the lack of a better term, yukky icon_eek.gif.

I distinctly recall...fried fish sticks...nothing wrong with fried fish, (I am from the south and love fried seafood) but they tasted like All breading NO FISH...and I just kept thinking...."what is this supposed to be"? icon_wink.gif

Next up...HORIZON Sept 18th to Bermuda!

See My Century and Mercury Pictures at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/lovescruising

Archived